Thread: Vista Hidden Admin Account

Vista Hidden Admin Account

hi
    i go through this thread http://forums.techarena.in/vista-security/1027655.htm yesterday but i dont know what is need to do so is that provide some thing extra benefits also how to activate this Hidden Admin Account in vista so please can any one tell me ?
    thank you

Re: Vista Hidden Admin Account

The main advantage of this administrator activate Vista is hidden so you have access to an account that does not suffer from the dialog boring UAC. Although it is possible to remove the UAC with a local policy, there is a fear that prolonged security is weakened. Another concern is that rumors persist that some commands don 't work correctly if you turn of UAC. Linked to remove the dialog UAC is the fact that the Administrator account has elevated privileges. What this means is that if your run CMD you don 't need to' Run as administrator 'before you get unrestricted access to the command line. Another benefit of knowing this method is to keep the hidden Vista administrator as' door 'rear;, for example, if you locked by distraction outside your main account. Sitting there at your computer, you can never believe that if you're stupid as to lock yourself out, yet logic dictates that somewhere in the world, someone has just done this: locked themselves out Vista.

Dr. V Guest

the local policy may insist on a complex password, thus you will not be able to activate the administrator with a blank password. This technique also works on Windows Server 2008, however on that operating system it is more likely you will set /active:no.

Overview

1. Logon to Vista using your usual account.
    2. Launch the cmd prompt - Make sure you select, 'Run as administrator'
    3. Net user administrator p£ssw0rD
    4. Net user administrator /active:yes
    5. Switch User, or logoff
    6. Logon as Administrator Password p£ssw0rD
    (Your password may be different!)

Detailed Instructions to activate the Administrator

1. Logon to Vista using your normal username and password.
    2. Click on the Start button
    3. Click on Start Search.
    4. Type, cmd.
    5. Right-click cmd, select 'Run as administrator' from the shortcut menu.
    6. In the black 'DOS box', type the following at the command line:
    Net help user
    7. The idea of the last command is just to observe the options for Net User. In particular, examine the syntax to set the password.
    8. The next instruction is the crucial command. I have chosen password = p£ssworD, you may want to choose different characters.
    9. Net user administrator p£ssw0rd
    10. Net user administrator /active:yes
    11. Check the message : The command completed successfully
    12. Switch User, or logoff
    13. Logon as Administrator Password p£ssw0rD (Your password may be different!)

Trap1: There should be no space between the word 'active' and the colon.

/active :yes is wrong.
    /active:yes is correct.

Trap2: You need a forward slash before /active

Net user administrator active:yes is wrong
    Net user administrator /active:yes is correct

Thanks to Rob Hilton for pointing out this trap.

Trapx: Pay close attention to the command, it should be active, not activate.

visit the Local Security policy, incidentally, this MMC is worth exploring in its own right.

This is how you navigate to the Local Security Policy.
    Firstly click on Vista's Start orb, then in the Start Search dialog box type: secpol.msc. Note: you must include the .msc extension.

Secondly drill down to Local Policy, Security Options

Thirdly double click Accounts: Administrator account status, and select enable.

Each Windows account has a unique brand of security, or Sid for short. It was traditional for the administrator 's account for Sid ends in 500. I was surprised, therefore, not to see such a number of Sid in Vista - until I activated the hidden administrator. When I launched the regedit and I checked the HKEY_USERS, there was the famous end of Sid in 500 (S-1-5-20-2344314121-13413-500), and it corresponded to the administrator 'recently activated ; account s. A puzzle remains, though, when you log on to Vista in the beginning, you can create (as opposed to enable) an account called Administrator. John Wolfe suggested the answer. 'When I tried to call the original appointment as an administrator. I was told that the "existing account" already exists'. My point is that you can not have two accounts with the same name, and unlike the previous operating software before you can log in Vista you must first create an account.

First you'll need to open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing "Run as administrator" (or use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box)

Now type the following command:

net user administrator /active:yes
    You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you'll now see the Administrator account as a choice.

You'll note that there's no password for this account, so if you want to leave it enabled you should change the password.