Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-03-2009

External Hard Disk not visible in windows XP

Hey guys!
I have a 250GB external hard disk drive. I cannot see it under my computer in windows xp. However when i cannot it shows me new hardware found sound and shows me the safely remove device icon in the taskbar in right bottom. Help guys! My hard disk is working and is shown in macbook...! Help...!
Old 25-03-2009

Re: External Hard Disk not visible in windows XP

Hey!
Did you formated the Hard disk on a Mac? using what file system? cos the macOS file system is not seen on a pc file system and you should use fat or fat 32 to be seen in both systems. Check if the hardware is OK. try a pen drive or another Usb device on the same port to check that its ok. check the control panel in system- device manager- USB devices to see if your Windows XP recognized the external device you attached..?
Old 25-03-2009

Hey again!
No i didn't format it on the mac. i did it connecting it to the DVD player and from his menu gives you possibility to format it. Tried formatting in both fat 32 and nfts. it does actually show up on my old laptop with window xp home edition, so i assume that is just the setting of my pc...
Old 25-03-2009

Hey..!
I guess your hard disk is detected in your OS. All you need is to do is, just go to the disk management and add a drive letter for your disk...! Your windows xp might not have assigned a drive letter to it...! So add a drive letter manually and enjoy..! All the best...!

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,