Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

File record segment xxxxx is unreadable

Operating Systems

Old 25-03-2009

question File record segment xxxxx is unreadable

hey guys,

im having a problem with HP laptop dv2310ca model .. lately it is running so very very very slow..

i did the following hoping it will be fix : uninstall all the unnecessary programs, defragemented the HD, even to the point of restoring to factory default.. after a while it goes back to being so slow..

so i remember to do chkdsk error for the HD, and its showing me File record segment xxxxx is unreadable.

does it mean my HD is bad? is there anyway i can fix this? btw, i install windows update.. it gives me error.. im not sure if there is any relation to but just thought id add the info..

thanks and please advice

Old 25-03-2009
Dr. V

Re: File record segment xxxxx is unreadable

Go to the Manufacturers drive website and download their test tools, and run them on the drive.

This seems to be that your drive may have failed.
Old 25-03-2009

First I'd run the diagnostic/repair software for the hdd This may fix the error, if not, likely you will have to RMA the drive. You could try doing a clean, i.e., full format, install of Windows, which might fix but I don't think Windows itself would cause a hdd error. Doing a full format might solve but I would definitely start with the hdd mfg software
Old 25-03-2009

See this similar thread for more help : Hard Drive: File record segment is unreadable
Old 25-03-2009

hi,
Go to the drive Manufacturers website and load their test tools, and run them on the drive. this sounds very much like a failing drive

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,