Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft error message on startup

Operating Systems

Old 24-03-2009

sad Microsoft error message on startup

Hello Friends,

Whenever i try to turn on my pc, it displays the following pops up shortly after windows loads: "Microsoft (C) Register Server had stopped working. But when i click on the close tab it disappears, but it appears again and again on the desktop screen whenever i try to turn on my system. Currently i'm running Windows Vista on my system. Can any body help me out to resolve this issue? Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Old 24-03-2009

Re: Microsoft error message on startup

You can reboot to safe mode and remove recently installed softwares and try again. If not working, you can boot to Last Known Good Configuration. Otherwise you may need to test your memory to make sure it is working and working with your mainboard well, and perform a system restore or system recovery, or virus scan or a reinstallation of your Vista.
Old 24-03-2009

Are you running regsvr32 from an elevated command prompt or just from a run/search box? You need elevated privileges to register a .dll or .ocx file with the system.
Old 24-03-2009

It's not just an admin account that's required, you have to run the cmd prompt with elevated privileges. Click start, type cmd, then right click the command prompt entry in the start menu and use 'run as administrator'. Then run the regsvr32 string.
Old 24-03-2009
matthewforu

Are you running regsvr32 from an elevated command prompt or just from a
run/search box? You need elevated privileges to register a .dll or .ocx file
with the system.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,