Thread: Windows Mobile 6.5 Got Rid of the Honeycomb

Windows Mobile 6.5 Got Rid of the Honeycomb

For several months, the screenshots of Windows Mobile 6.5 showed different changes in the system interface. One of the main topics of discussion about this interface is available honeycomb to simplify the touch. Recently, the publisher has provided its employees with a beta version of the system, and returns have resulted in many changes.

First, the structure of honeycomb is gone:

This is only a graphic change, as the arrangement of icons remains roughly the same. They are arranged in offset against each other, but their size has increased against simplify access.

Then other small changes were seen here and there. For example, the screen displays locked now certain information, including alerts and notifications (new SMS, etc.).. Furthermore, when one scrolls a screen with your fingers in the "Start," said scroll hangs in a section between two logical pages.

Regarding the Windows Market Place, which will allow the distribution and sale of applications for Windows Mobile, you will not find that software written in C / C + + and. NET, but also widgets using Web technologies such as HTML and JavaScript. They operate through the engine of Internet Explorer Mobile 6.

Payments for applications will be made on a specific account via credit card, and not through the telephone operator. Several third party payment, including PayPal, can also be used.

Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Got Rid of the Honeycomb

Hello , i Would like to ask that if you have a windows mobile phone 6.1 is what it will be possible to switch to 6.5? After that, it can be a theme that they keep aside not? Because I found it quite aesthetic side honeycomb ... At least it went out of the ordinary.any ways i think rgar Linux strongly that invade this market as we are tired of crashes and security holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    Hello , i Would like to ask that if you have a windows mobile phone 6.1 is what it will be possible to switch to 6.5? After that, it can be a theme that they keep aside not? Because I found it quite aesthetic side honeycomb ... At least it went out of the ordinary.any ways i think rgar Linux strongly that invade this market as we are tired of crashes and security holes.
    Hello , however I think the same for linux that strongly hit the market, unfortunately it is not yet ... The only alternative is the freerunner yet ... I preferred the old version, but it was pretty good plus it's my simple opinion.

Hello , Whatever the size of the icon, as a click of the finger is detected and interpreted! You can make an icon in 200 x 200, if mismanaged behind, it does nothing. The biggest challenges of this 6.5, will be navigating through menus and the WM file explorer.Damage to the honeycomb ... I found the idea interesting, innovative (I want to say that I like the stuffed cabbage), and even intuitive! I saw a system of menus / submenus based on this: click on any of the boxes would have shown the menu in the center and the main sub-menus in the boxes around, and a case was still booked to return to top menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    Hello , By not allowing the update to 6.1 to 6.5, they offer a nice way for additional android ... I am waiting to see what all happens (and if there will be a client for Android GPS to avoid data connection), but I try to let go of my HTC Touch HD as an android if it is more reactive and more generally runs / natively accelerometer (and well-stocked "basic").