Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Zip files

Operating Systems

Old 20-03-2009

angry Zip files

Help!! I have Vista and all was working well, but on both computer, one with adobe 8.1 and the other with adobe 9, when a file is compressed it appears as an Adobe file, which will not open. I have no idea why, as it was working fine and the zipped files appeared as zip files should. I did notice that when Adobe files began to appear instead of zip folders, all the old zip folders had also changed to Adobe files. What have I done and how can I fix it.From Ren

Old 20-03-2009

Re: Zip files

Install winrar or winzip it will automatically rectify the problem. or right click the software and go to properties click change and select associated program
Old 20-03-2009

Right click on the adobe file and select the Open With...option and choose the adobe reader and check to always perform this action. And Do same thing for Zip files to open them with zip spftware like winrar or winzip. Hope this will help . good luck
Old 20-03-2009

I think that you can right click on the file that you have compressed and take the option of open with then in the options given for selecting to open the file take the option of winrar or any other compressing software that you have installed and at the bottom tick the box to always open files with the program.
Hope that helps
Old 20-03-2009

smile Re: Zip files

Thanks very much everyone. I have uninstall Adobe and the problem has gone away. I had read else where that there is a conflict between Vista and Adobe. I am going to give your suggestions ago, when I reinstall Adobe. Again, thanks for the help.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,