Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is it possible to start the HDD OS on another PC ?

Operating Systems

Old 20-03-2009

Is it possible to start the HDD OS on another PC ?

The motherboard of my PC just snap. I want to start the OS of my original HDD on another PC, is it possible?

In fact I just tried putting the HDD in master on another PC and of course it does not (it's OK with having tried).

But is this possible?

Old 20-03-2009

Re: Is it possible to start the HDD OS on another PC ?

Difficult. And not comply with Microsoft licensing. In safe mode either, I presume?

If it is to retrieve data, try a repair on the boot CD of Windows, but even if it starts, it is a flawed solution.
Old 20-03-2009

No I have not tried it in Safe Mode. I will try.

In fact, I have already recovered the data but I want to recover two other things:

- A folder that I created by right-clicking on the desktop and put important documents, can be accessed by connecting the hard drive slave on another pc, it is "access forbidden" when I want to go on the office record

- All my old mail, on outlook express, are not recovered.
Old 20-03-2009

Do you have a Windows XP Pro or Home CD? Why don't you use that disc to repair Windows and get the access to your data.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,