Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Identify the faulty component of the system's instability

Operating Systems

Old 20-03-2009

Identify the faulty component of the system's instability

My config, which is about 18 months is very unstable and I would like to identify the hardware or software fault.

Since the setup, the machine has been erratic at boot, refusing to start. Once started, no problem, so I left to run, being one and a memtest CheckDisk. Lately, since reflashing the bios, I do not see what reasons. That said - and despite a clean install of an XP SP3, to date, true this week, I regret to instabilities in the desktop

Later games, back to office after a few minutes of TF2 and Company of Heroes - Battle of the Bulge (a mod) that was planted when I changed various graphics settings.

For office use it crashes, I had a blue screen involving ndis.sys file, apparently in connection with the USB. I have my keyboard, my mouse and a network card Linksys (WUSB54GS) connected with USB, nothing else. For the game crashes, no error in the 'Event Viewer' log.

I made a few passes with MemTest 3.5 (two instances simultaneously) and have done 5 tests OCCT 3.0.1 (1 hour each) without encountering any errors.

I do not know what to look soft to me to determine the faulty element, even if I wanted to blame the motherboard.

So if you have any ideas, I'm interested

Old 20-03-2009

Re: Identify the faulty component of the system's instability

Can you tell us which power supply you are using?
Old 20-03-2009

A little vacuum in the PC? It was done? Clean the dust of the graphics card and the CPU?
Old 20-03-2009

@ kraal: a Seasonic 600W M-12 which has passed the OCCT stress test

You suspect?

@ mv: yep, it's very own!

I also made 8-hour stability test and battery test with Sandra Lite ... do not worry to be deplored.
Old 20-03-2009

It is true that the P5N-E SLI is not the queen of stability. Are your bios setting done manually? Ideally it should be auto.
Old 20-03-2009

please replace ram or mother board
check any bad sector in ur hdd

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,