Thread: Error usbscan.sys missing

Error usbscan.sys missing

Hello everyone!

I will try to explain my problem clearly.

I brought my computer repaired. I reinstalled Windows. Everything worked fine untill I try to reinstall the printer. I get the following error message:

The file "usbscan.sys" CD Service Pack 3 for Windows is necessary "

I went to Device Manager, and in the drop down menu "USB hub" there is a pilot named "USB printer" which is topped by a yellow exclamation point. I tried to update driver but it asks me to insert the Windows CD that i don't have.

My configuration if it can help:

Windows XP Home Service Pack 3
    Epson Stylus CX3200

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Error usbscan.sys missing

Hello,

The Windows XP sp3 is freely downloadable from the Microsoft site. You can try to repair your pc with that.

You can download from here also : http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-90001.html
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Re: Error usbscan.sys missing

This is the procedure for restoring this file from the XP installation disk. Since you state you don't have the disk then you should have the restore files somewhere on our hard drive, perhaps on a seperate partition of the hard drive. Search your drives for filename: DRIVER.CAB. If located then substitute the path to it instead of to the installation cd/drive.

File is included with Windows XP. Try extracting the usbsscan.sys file from the XP CD or from the driver.cab file (if stored on local hd)

NOTE : The Windows XP .cab files are stored in the I386 folder on the Windows XP compact disc (CD) or could be on your local hd.

WINDOWS XP SPECIFIC FILE EXTRACTION -
    You can extract individual files from the cabinet files to replace missing or corrupted files. To extract information from a .cab file in Windows XP. Insert the Windows XP CD, close all boxes.

1. Click Start-Run
    2. Type msconfig press the Enter key
    3. Click Expand File
    4. In the File to restore box, type the name of the file that you want to restore, eg: usbscan.sys
    5. In the Restore from box, type the path to the Windows XP .cab file from which you want to restore the file, or click Browse From to locate the Windows XP .cab file, eg: x\i386\driver.cab (where x represents the drive containing the cab file)
    6. In the Save file in box, type the path to which you want the new file extracted to, or click Browse To to locate the destination folder that you want.
    7. Click Expand
    8. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click OK . If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.