Thread: Problem in repairing Windows XP

Problem in repairing Windows XP

I caught a virus by mistake by clicking on a file on my computer fixed ... Result more of antivirus, firewall, etc etc ... and restart in Safe mode impossible.

So I downloaded Ultimate Boot CD, which I used to remove viruses and spyware. Everything goes well until step 7, then, when rebooting to continue the repair, it freezes and reboots continuously, therefore impossible to proceed to Step 8 ...

Re: Problem in repairing Windows XP

You want to reinstall or repair Windows because they are two very different terms in such cases And seen from the stage where you get. Reformat Partition with rewriting over

I tried to repair windows, but not through the "repair" the beginning, but through that which appears just after clicking "install". I wonder if this is not the boot sector which will not, is there a way to fix it so that this compensation goes to the end?

If you want to try the boot sector:
    Boot on the install CD and when it asks you what to do, select repair (As told RFN) Having chosen what "windows folder" you want to put you in the prompt type "FIXMBR" (I do not know if it needs a parameter to the nut by against). Restart the machine.

If you reinstall Windows XP, all existing restore points are removed and a new system checkpoint restore point is created after the reinstallation is completed. Do not perform a reinstallation if you may have to use System Restore to restore your computer to a previous state.

matthewforu Guest

Then you can try to reinstall the operating system . on your computer . it will sureally help you to resolve your issue.