Thread: Computer does not start when iPod is connected

Computer does not start when iPod is connected

When i connect my ipod to my PC it does not start.When i disconnect iPod, the computer starts up normally. I don't know whats the problem ? Is there any virus problem ? Can some one help me ?

Thanks

Re: Computer does not start when iPod is connected

I think Your Windows PC is capable of starting up from FireWire or USB drives.
    and The BIOS of your Windows PC has been configured to look for an external startup disk before looking for an internal startup disk.

The simplest solution is to disconnect the iPod from its cable or dock.

Windows PCs have something called "boot order" that is configurable in the computer's BIOS ("boot" is an alternate name for a computer's startup process). The computer scans connected disks, in the specified boot order, for a compatible operating system to start up from.

I have the same problem with my new USB2 hub, even with nothing plugged into it. Hub light comes on when PC is connected to power, but no response to start or reset button. No other lights, no fan, no video. Hub and PC normal if hub is plugged in after PC starts.

Hey!
    I guess your USB Hub is damaged. I guess the Hub has some shorted components... Make sure it is working fine check it on some other machine. If it works normally on other computer, Check your USB is not damaged...!

No, the hub, like the ipod, is perfectly normal when plugged in after the pc starts. It just inhibits the PC startup. Further tests show it works normally with a single core AMD on XP pro and another on Vista, both USB1. Troublesome machine is dual core AMD on XP pro with USB2 ports.