Thread: Parental Controls In Windows 7

idea Parental Controls In Windows 7

Hello Friends,

Recently i have installed Windows 7 on my system. I would like to know that how do i Configure Parental Controls in Windows 7. I would like to have a restriction over my computer from different sites viewed by my son. Does any one have any idea that how can i do it? Any kind of information on it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Parental Controls In Windows 7

To Set up Parental Controls for any user, you'll need your own administrator user account. Before you get started, make sure each user/person that you want to set up Parental Controls for has a standard user account. Parental Controls can be applied only to standard user accounts.

Steps to Apply Parental Controls:-

1. Click the Start button to view the Start Menu and then choose the Control Panel option.

2. The Control Panel window opens up. Click on the All Control Panel Items.

3. Window shows all control panel items. Click on Parental Controls.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Window opens up.

4. Click the standard user account that you want to set Parental Controls for. Eg. Click on Child account.

5. Under Parental Controls, click On, enforce current settings.

6. Once you've turned on Parental Controls for your child's standard user account, you can adjust the following individual settings that you want to control:

6.1 Time limits:- Click Time Limits- You can set time limits to control when children are allowed to log on to the computer. Time limits prevent children from logging on during the specified hours. You can set different logon hours for every day of the week. If they're logged on when their allotted time ends, they'll be automatically logged off. Click Ok.

6.2 Games:- Click on Games- You can control access to games, choose an age-rating level, choose the types of content you want to block, and decide whether you want to allow or block unrated or specific games.

Specify which games children can play. Click on Set game ratings, the window opens up.

6.3 Block or allow specific games.

7. Allow or block specific programs. You can prevent children from running programs that you don't want them to run.

Click on Allow or block specific programs in the User Control window.

Choose the option Child can only use the programs I allow and check the programs from the list you want to allow and click Ok.

Click Ok to apply Parental Controls to the account Child.

Hope so this may help you out.