Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-03-2009

sad Device Manager disappeared in Vista

Hello Everybody.

I'm running Windows Vista on my system. When i try to find my device manager by using the Control Panel or through command prompt, it seems to be missing in the list. When i try to open my device manager, i get an empty window showing me an error message that "Navigation to the website was canceled, please refresh the page". Does any body have any idea about this issue? Please help me out to resolve this above issue?

Thanks.
Old 19-03-2009

Re: Device Manager disappeared in Vista

If Device Manager is showing nothing, then its the plug and play service may have some problem. But if the Device manager is showing the system_name and not showing any devices in the window, then check the security permissions on the Registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\ENUM .The SYSTEM account must have full control permissions on this key in order for the Device manager to list all the devices in the Window.
Old 19-03-2009

Just try to follow the below steps.

Click on Start-->Run-->Type "gpedit.msc" without quotes,click the + for user configuration,then Administrative Templates then Windows components then Microsoft Management Console. Highlight Restricted/Permitted snapping. On the right pane,right click Device Manager select properties, and just enable it.
Old 19-03-2009

You can also try out this one:-

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click System Restore.

2. Click to add a check mark beside Turn off System Restore on all Drives, and click Apply.

3. When you are warned that all existing Restore Points will be deleted, click Yes to continue.

All system restore points are deleted. Now you should manually create a restore point.

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click System Restore.

2. Click Create a Restore Point, and then click Next.

3. Name your restore point. (I use the date as well as a descriptive term such as "After Restore Point Deletion.")
Old 19-03-2009

sometimes this happens if your vista copy is not a genuine one. also this may be a virus problem. try to repair windows

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: