Thread: Download NVIDIA Linux drivers version 185.13

Download NVIDIA Linux drivers version 185.13

NVIDIA has once again update their Linux drivers without the state on its website. Indeed, on the FTP of the chameleon can be found a few days since the first version of the branch 185.xx.

185.13 stamped, it is unclear what they actually bring notes since version has been published, but according to our sources it comes to improvements in the video acceleration API VDPAU and management several screens.

To download the x86 version it will be over here ,while the x86_64 it will be there. Of course, nvidia-settings and nvidia-xconfig have undergone a small facelift.

Re: Download NVIDIA Linux drivers version 185.13

Hello , In the longer term I think solution 2 is more interesting (the hardest being created kernel driver ... after just changing with the different GC) but it is true that standard documentation and support remains limited. On one side of the proprietary drivers do not bother me more than that (especially for complicated gear like a graphics card) and it allows the devs to work free on something else.

Since I have an Nvidia graphics chipset on my HTPC (the 7100) and a graphics card with Nvidia chipset on my workstation (GS 8400), I run the Nvidia drivers proprio. Never had a problem with, it works. Last thing as the Nvidia driver installation on my Archlinux station work recognized hands down from the X11 config, it shows in my Xfce4 full pot on my 22 inch Acer.
    As effective and as simple as installing Ubuntu under the same ... I understand (hence the choice of Nvidia when I bought my gear last summer ...) that at one time, Nvidia was on top for the penguins, but what had glue to train since. Good for all ...

Hello , Has Someone managed to make a dual screen configuration with two NVIDIA graphics cards, each with two outputs (ie 4 in total output) by connecting a monitor on each card? On Linux I have to put both screens on the same card, if there's a screen that lights up but is still desperately gray , while in Windows when I had tested it worked with a screen on each card. I would do that because the card on which there are two screens heats many of the others

Hello, Can you Tell me What is this Api VDPAU ? thank in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Hello, Can you Tell me What is this Api VDPAU ? thank in advance
    VDPAU is the Linux equivalent of the Microsoft's DirectX Video Acceleration (DxVA) API for Windows VDPAU (Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix) is an API designed by NVIDIA for its GeForce 8 series and later GPU hardware, targeted at the X Window System on Unix operating-systems (including Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris).[1][2][3] This VDPAU API allows video programs to offload portions of the video decoding process and video post-processing to the GPU video-hardware.Currently, the portions designed to be offloaded by VDPAU onto the GPU are motion compensation (mo comp), inverse discrete cosine transform (iDCT) and VLD (Variable-Length Decoding) for MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), VC-1, and WMV3/WMV9 encoded videos.

source-wikipedia