Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to undo last restore in Windows Vista ?

Operating Systems

Old 18-03-2009

How to undo last restore in Windows Vista ?

hey friends,
I have recently performed entire system restore on my Windows Vista.
But I think my previous restore status was better. I want to ask how can I undo the last system restore that I have done recently ?
can anyone help me providing appropriate or related solutions ?

Old 18-03-2009

Re: How to undo last restore in Windows Vista ?

Go to Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore.

Right click on “System Restore” in System Tools >> Click “Pin to Start Menu” easy access.

Press continue at the Windows needs you permission to continue dialog box.

Select “Undo System Restore:” or “Undo Restore Operation”
Old 18-03-2009

To undo the last restoration

Access System Restore through Help and Support.
Click Undo my last restoration. Save all files and close all programs, and then click Next.

To access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, and then click Help and Support. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Using System Restore to undo changes, and then click Run the System Restore Wizard.
If you want to undo an earlier restoration, click Restore my computer to an earlier time in the Welcome to System Restore screen, and then select the relevant restore operation restore point listed in the System Restore Wizard.

Note - You should understand that items on the desktop during a system restore are targeted for deletion and may not be recoverable. File in any document folder are kept safe from system restore deletions.
Old 18-03-2009

Undo System Restore
If you tried using System Restore to fix a problem but the problem remained or other problems were introduced, you can undo the restore operation.
  1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking System Restore.* If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  2. Click Undo System Restore, and then click Next.
  3. Review your choices, and then click Finish.

Your computer will restart. When finished, you'll see a confirmation that the undo process is completed.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,