Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

C:\ Drive excluded from System Properties ?

Operating Systems

Old 17-03-2009

C:\ Drive excluded from System Properties ?

hey friends,

I am totally unaware of what is happening. All of a sudden my C drive seems to be excluded from System Properties.
What can be the reason ? How do i fix it ?
Help me friends by providing some useful information and suggestions....

Old 17-03-2009

Re: C:\ Drive excluded from System Properties ?

In this case, I recommend trying to reinstall System Restore, here's how:
  1. You will need to be able to view hidden files, so go to Start>> Control Panel>> Folder Options>> View tab. Under Advanced settings, place a checkmark in: "Show hidden files and folders". Then uncheck: "Hide extensions for known file types". Click Apply, then OK to exit.
  2. Open Windows Explorer, then go to Windows>> inf folder. Open the inf folder and find a file named:

sr.inf
  3. Right click this file and select "Install" from the resulting menu.

Note: This procedure will delete all restore points from your old installation and recreate a fresh installation of System Restore.
Old 17-03-2009

This can occur if the C: drive is replaced with a new drive and move to the secondary position (D and the System Volume Information folder is left in place.
Old 17-03-2009
Dr. V

To help you restore the computer to an earlier state, when a problem occurs in your computer, System Restore is one of the most useful tools available in Windows XP.
  • Click Start, Run and type %Windir%\INF
  • Locate the SR.INF file. If you have configured Windows Explorer to hide known file extensions, the file may show up as SR. To see the file extensions for all file types, then try this:
    > On the Tools menu in My Computer, click Folder Options.
    > Click the View tab.
    > Clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box.
  • Right-click the SR.INF file, and then click Install
  • Windows will now attempt to reinstall System Restore, and may prompt you for the Windows installation source path. Point to %Windir%\ServicePackFiles folder, or insert your slipstreamed Windows XP (matching the Service Pack level of your system.)
  • System Restore core files will be reinstalled. Restart Windows when prompted.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: