Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Run Full Configured XP Under Ubuntu

Operating Systems

Old 16-03-2009

Run Full Configured XP Under Ubuntu

Guys!
I don't know if this is possible. I have a dual boot system with XP with Ubuntu. It seems that I use XP after all for some Adobe application doesn't support Linux too much Now, is it possible to run my already fully configured installed XP from Ubuntu without having to restart the computer over and over to get me some work done in XP only to save and go back to Linux?

Old 16-03-2009

Re: Run Full Configured XP Under Ubuntu

Hey there!
Use VMWare Converter. It's a program that you run on windows and it converts the installed OS to a VMWare image, that you can load in Virtual Machine that you are running in Ubuntu. This is what i recommend. All the best!!
Old 16-03-2009

Heya!
Try this out :
Install HDD Cloning Software on windows OS
Clone your Hard Disk drive to an image
Install VMWare or similar application in Ubuntu
Install the image of the Windows in the VMWare
Reboot and enjoy...

But the drivers may differ which can cause problems! You can figure it out though...! Anyways all the best!
Old 16-03-2009

hey!
I abandoned this idea and now dual boot. I have been slowly weeding out windows on said machine. I don't game and figured that it wont be too long until I completely close the door on XP. Now to answer your question, while playing games in Ubuntu using VMW is possible I do think that it would be a huge strain on resources. I would jump back and forth to play games.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,