Thread: Does Apple removed iDVD from OS X Lion

Does Apple removed iDVD from OS X Lion

After upgrading to OS X Lion, I have gone through the iMovie process. After playing around few hours in that, I finally went to look for the iDVD to make the movie. Unluckily, I could not able to find out the iDVD in OS X 10.7? is it completely removed or simply Hidden somewhere? I could not able find iDVD as I was using in Snow leopard.

Re: Does Apple removed iDVD from OS X Lion

When I wanted to create some time ago, a wedding video for friends, I was horrified to find that was installed on my new iMac, no iDVD. Also in the AppStore, I could not find iDVD, iWeb still, since it is part of the iLife bundle. iLife on the AppStore comes without the two programs. The iDVD is an excellent program with which you can quickly create simple and above all great DVDs. So first you need the iLife version that existed prior to OS X Lion, iLife 09. I have the installation DVD from my old MacBook, if you don’t have one, you can order it at Amazon. You also need the shareware tool Pacifist. With Pacifist, it can install parts of a program as individual installation packages. After getting these two go through the following procedure:
    • Starts Pacifist
    • In the "Open Package”, choose "Install Disc" in the application and then the "Install Bundled Software"
    • After clicking on the "Open" Bundled software is loaded, it takes a little bit.
    • Then click on "Contents of InstallBundledSoftware.mpkg" and get list of packages
    • Click on "Contents of iDVD.pkg" and on the top left of the yellow arrow with "Install”. This confirms to the next window
    • Now wait for the installation to get complete. That's it, now you should have successfully installed iDVD.

Re: Does Apple removed iDVD from OS X Lion

It is now time that iDVD will no longer be renewed, despite the new releases of iLife: version 7.1.2 and has remained steadfast to the last upgrade. Now, after the launch of the Mac App Store and the subsequent use to update the iLife programs, the release of OS X Lion and its distribution via digital download, iDVD has even disappeared from the basic equipment of every new Mac. But alternatively you can always install by copying it from another Mac, but in my opinion, this is a pretty clear signal. Certainly a little sorry to see that iDVD is removed just like that in silence. It is still a good program, perfect for amateur use, simple and intuitive that allows you to create DVDs that you can review on any player home in a few easy steps. Unfortunately there are currently no alternatives to iDVD, just as easy and affordable