Thread: Antivirus For Mac OS?

Antivirus For Mac OS?

Hey guys!
    I have a PC with Intel C2D processor. I have recently installed Mac OS x 10.5.5 Leopard on it. I'm used to Windows and that reminds me of an antivirus software. Don't laugh at me as i'm a noob and i admit it..!! But still it is better to be safe! Is there any antivirus for Mac OS? Help guys!

Re: Antivirus For Mac OS?

Hey!
    Yeah, there is! Now a days there are antivirus for linux too... Imagine th world of computer has become so virus prone! Not only windows OS but all the OS that is Linux and Mac has antivirus programs...! As you said its better to be safe rather to be at risk...!

Here is iAntivirus for Mac OS.
    Download

Hey...!
    Even Norton Antivirus is available for Mac OS X. About Norton Antivirus :

Norton AntiVirus, developed by Symantec Corporation, provides malware prevention and removal. It is distributed as a download, a box copy, or preinstalled on computers as OEM software. Norton AntiVirus and its brother product, Norton AntiVirus, combined, hold a 61% antivirus market share, as of 2007. Norton AntiVirus's malware protection uses both signatures and heuristics. Other features include e-mail spam filtering. It is compatible with Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X.

Hey!

Clam AntiVirus (ClamAV) is a free, cross-platform antivirus software tool-kit. One of its main uses is on mail servers as a server-side email virus scanner. The application was developed for Unix and has third party versions available for AIX, BSD, HP-UX, Linux, OpenVMS, OSF and Solaris. At one time it had a native version available for Windows, but that project has been ended. Both ClamAV and its updates are made available free of charge. Sourcefire, a maker of intrusion detection products and the owner of Snort, announced on 17 August 2007 that it had acquired the trademarks and copyrights to ClamAV from five key developers. ClamAV includes a number of utilities: a command line scanner, automatic database updater and a scalable multi-threaded daemon, running on an anti-virus engine from a shared library. The application also features a Milter interface for sendmail and on-demand scanning. It has support for Zip, RAR, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS formats, most mail file formats, ELF executables and Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, Petite, NsPack, wwpack32, MEW, Upack and obfuscated with SUE, Y0da Cryptor. It also supports many document formats, including Microsoft Office, HTML, Rich Text Format and Portable Document Format.

Download CalmAV