Thread: Installing Vista Premium 64 bit OEM

Installing Vista Premium 64 bit OEM

I bought a computer for Windows Vista Premium 64 bit and I try to install it without success. My PC was assembled by a professional assembler, but I do not know what he did as tests.

I turn on the computer. I put the cd in the cd player. I reboot the computer. After the Welcome screen of the motherboard, a progress bar white on black background is indicated with "Windows load the files". Then a screen appears with the "substance" of vista but the mouse and keyboard lock and no sign of activity on the PC or drive.

Is there a setting to adjust on the motherboard or any action or is this normal and should I just wait?

Re: Installing Vista Premium 64 bit OEM

Have you tried a Live CD to see if everything was operational? Linux is a LiveCD, or an XP, or even Hiren's BootCD which makes a lot of diagnostics.

Otherwise, to have installed two Vista 64 on two different computers, "experience" may be quite different in the time of installation (for whatever reason), even on PC to prior very similar.

With the basic things on the bios simply, the pc also freezes after a few minutes, so I think there is a material concern. It is difficult for me to test a livecd or hirenbootcd because I do not have a burner, but I think I notice the rig back to the assembler to redo the tests.

Yes indeed, it must be material.

I look for a problem of overheating, but it seems surprising given the cooling (bad editing?)

Unless there is an incompatible memory <=> motherboard, in which case it happens randomly.

In all cases, you have indeed interest in the home with your "pro", which probably made a test "pushed" the operation after installation ...