Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Operating System swap problem

Operating Systems

Old 16-03-2009

ohmy Operating System swap problem

Hello Everybody,

I was trying to bring back the life of my old Acer laptop. While doing so, i got stuck with a problem, when i was trying to reinstall the operating system on my Acer laptop. It had a pre-installed Windows Xp and i'm trying to install Windows 2000 pro on it. I don't have the disc so i just try to format my C drive, but it's not accepting anything on it. I tried everything according to my knowledge but didn't got any result. So do any one have any idea how can i resolve the above issue? Can any one provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks is advance.

Old 16-03-2009

Re: Operating System swap problem

You can get XP upgrades but as you've heard, these don't always go smoothly Windows 2000 had its own problems & the last thing you want to do is to carry those problems over to your new Operating System, that's why a clean install is recommended. If you need to upgrade because of problems with Windows 2000 then back up your data & do a clean install.
Old 16-03-2009

Partition magic is the best option if you want to change the partition sizes on your laptop.
Old 16-03-2009

Borrow a Xp disc and then try to reformat the drive. Then use the code key of the sticker on your laptop , which you can see beneath your laptop.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,