Thread: Computer won't boot either access BIOS

sad Computer won't boot either access BIOS

Hello Friends,

I'm unable to boot my computer neither can i enter in to BIOS. I even tried to took out everything from my system such as sound card, graphics card, etc. but it doesn't work out for me. I don't get any beeps sound or neither get any light on my keyboard. Does any one have any idea about this problem? Any kind of information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Computer won't boot either access BIOS

The first step that the computer goes through where it tests certain hardware. If it fails then the computer won't boot. It's just that you aren't seeing the screen and this probably happened when you reset the BIOS settings. You may be seeing a splash screen of the manufacturer who made your computer. When the computer first starts hit the ESC button, this usually will then display some options. This should include telling you what button to use to get into the BIOS. Common buttons are F2, Del, F10, F11, F5.

Hopefully this will get you in. Once you are in some BIOS settings give you the option of disabling the splash option. Either look for this option or there will be an option for "Quick Post". Disable this setting, it will slow down the booting time of your computer by about 5 sec or so.

Usually when this occurs, there's some sort of conflict in your Bios settings or you need to change your jumper settings. First make sure you have formatted your hardrive and have an Operating System installed on you hard drive. If so enable all devices. Then set your hard drive as master making sure the jumper is located right next to the ide cable connector. Set your cd as slave (even though in most cases this shouldn't matter). And leave your floppy the way it is. Go into your Bios and select fixed Disk setting (or where ever your ide preferences are located). Check to make sure that your hard drive is defined under these settings. In older pc models (486 and pentiu(m) class) you have to choose user defined setting in order for the pc to recognize your hard drive. Also in older pcs you might not have your hard drive connected to the mother board but on a ide controller card. If so then you'll have to change the jumpers on the card.

Hope so this may help you to resolve your problem.

Go into the BIOS Setup (usually using DEL or F10 or another key it might tell you to press at the bottom of the screen during the post messages) and check that all of the settings to make sure they are set right. If you don't know what the correct settings are, see if it tells you a certain key to press to "Load Optimized Settings" or "Load fail-safe Settings".