Thread: Significance of 'Warning' in Registry Recovery'

idea Significance of 'Warning' in Registry Recovery'

Hello Friends,

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I would like to know that, what is the significance of 'Warning in Registry Recovery'? I recently get this error whenever i try to turn on my pc. In that one of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. Then i follow the steps and the recovery was successful done. Can any one provide me the logical solution for the above issue? Any kind of information on it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Significance of 'Warning' in Registry Recovery'

In Windows XP, an event is any significant occurrence in the system or in a program that requires users to be notified, or an entry added to a log. The Event Log Service records application, security, and system events in Event Viewer. With the event logs in Event Viewer, you can obtain information about your hardware, software, and system components, and monitor security events on a local or remote computer. Event logs can help you identify and diagnose the source of current system problems, or help you predict potential system problems.

Event Log Types:-

A Windows XP-based computer records events in the following three logs:

• Application log

The application log contains events logged by programs. For example, a database program may record a file error in the application log. Events that are written to the application log are determined by the developers of the software program.

• Security log

The security log records events such as valid and invalid logon attempts, as well as events related to resource use, such as the creating, opening, or deleting of files. For example, when logon auditing is enabled, an event is recorded in the security log each time a user attempts to log on to the computer. You must be logged on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group in order to turn on, use, and specify which events are recorded in the security log.

• System log

The system log contains events logged by Windows XP system components. For example, if a driver fails to load during startup, an event is recorded in the system log. Windows XP predetermines the events that are logged by system components.

Re: Significance of 'Warning' in Registry Recovery'

Open a Notepad, customize or minimize to the taskbar as you will need it later for this step to copy the error message on it. Open a run command and type in:eventvwr.msc click OK you will get the Event viewer control Panel. Click on each of these:Application, System, Security. Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red (X) or Yellow exclamation mark /!\ , double click each one to get more info about the causer. On the Event error properties message you will see:Up Arrow,Down arrow,Two pages. Click on the two pages to copy the error message then bring up the Notepad you opened earlier and right click on the first line and select Paste from the list, this will paste the error message on a Notepad.