Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-03-2009

How do i block Safe Mode?

Hi,

Is there any way to block access from safe mode?(windows xp) i want to steal this way to access my system because of some security reasons. If someone know the way, then help me.

Thank you. Good night.
Old 13-03-2009

Re: How do i block Safe Mode?

Why don't you simply put a password on the default account? I mean Can't you just password protect the account used to log on to safe mode?
Old 13-03-2009

Running in safe mode means minimal programs/drivers just enough to run windows, and yes it is used for troubleshooting purposes. Put a strong password on the main, usually hidden Administrator account as well as on all other user accounts.
Old 13-03-2009

I can't remember the name, but search google for password manager, and I had one I used for awhile, that won't even allow you to boot to safe mode, without entering a password.
Old 13-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillie View Post
I can't remember the name, but search google for password manager, and I had one I used for awhile, that won't even allow you to boot to safe mode, without entering a password.
Never go for such things, it can harm your system.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: