Thread: How to Remove Failed Windows XP Installation ?

How to Remove Failed Windows XP Installation ?

Hello,Recently I Thought Of Upgrading my Windows Xp . Instead of Selecting the same partion I selected another partition and After that i cancel the My Current Installation as i dont want to Install another Xp but I Now I could not find a some files and and I m Hang With the incompleted install , So from Now every time I Start My pc I Have To Select the Correct Option or wait it Get over please help me Solve this problem thanks i advance .

Re: How to Remove Failed Windows XP Installation ?

Hello , Right click on my computer- Properties- Advanced tab- Startup and recovery settings then click edit under system start up and delete the line of code that concerns the drive you talked about. Be sure not to delete your normal startup one though, if done you won't be able to boot into windows

Hello, You Can do This goto control panel/system/advanced/system settings
    click on edit the boot ini and it will pop up in notepad edit out the one you do not want make sure it is the right one or else there shorter ways to do it is Open up C:\Boot.ini and remove the XP line. You shouldn't have any problems in the future Hope it Will BE Helpful to you .

You can Also Do this from Command Prompt Removing an Operating System At the command prompt, type:

bootcfg /delete /ID#

Where # specifies the boot entry ID that you want to be deleted from the operating systems section of the BOOT.INI file (e.g. 2 for the second Operating system that is listed.

This is a sample of a default Boot.ini file from a Windows XP Professional computer.

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
    This is a sample of the above Boot.ini file with a previous installation of Windows 2000 on a separate partition.
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

clyd3robert Guest

I also tried installing WinXP Pro on a 1 Gbyte ThumbDrive and it failed. So now, everytime I boot to the C:\ drive, I have to manually select the WinXP installation instead of the failed Setup Installation.

Ive checked Microsoft website that said to access the boot.ini file via "My Computer\Properties\Advanced", but that didn't work. It seemed that the system found the "\boot.ini.backup" file and restored the "\boot.ini" file.