Thread: Subtitle issue while playing movies and MKVs support

Subtitle issue while playing movies and MKVs support

I have been using K-Lite Codec Packs for a while now on Windows XP/Vista, where subtitle of a video gets loaded automatically But in Windows 7, the subtitles do not load automatically.also for Media Center MKV files not playing so please tell me what to do and how can i make it work .thank you .

Re: Subtitle issue while playing movies and MKVs support

So, if you are a subtitle freak, just as me, and want those subtitles to get loaded in Media Player Classic (bundled with K-Lite Codec Pack), then apply the following

Open Media Player Classic. Click ‘View’ > ‘Options’.

In the left pane, click ‘External Filters’. Now in the right pane, click ‘Add Filters’.

Drag the horizontal slider a bit to find ‘DirectVobSub (auto-load version)’. Select it and click ‘OK’.

Now out of the three radio buttons on the extreme right, select ‘Prefer’ radio button. Click ‘OK’.

for mkv support just try vlc player its is best i am using it why you want to use Media Center ..? vlc is better and fast than mp.

Dr. V Guest

he Shark007 Codec Pack is simple solution that just works. Currently Shark007 has a codec package specifically for Windows 7 in beta and the x64 Components are well tested and will work in Windows 7 as well.

For Media Center, users running an x64 version of Windows 7 who wish to use the codec pack will need both the codec pack and the x64 components. Users running an x86 version of Windows 7 will only need the basic codec pack.

The second step is to get those mkv files displayed in Media Center (and Windows Media Player as well!). This step is even simpler than the first. To get mkv files to display in your Movie library all you need to do is install a simple registry fix.

Download either this x86 reg file or this x64 reg file to your desktop then double-click to run the file. A dialog will appear asking you to confirm adding the file to your registry, click to allow. Then restart your computer