Thread: My wireless mouse has locked up

My wireless mouse has locked up

My wireless mouse has locked up. I can't see the cursor even after i replaced the battries. Do I need a new mouse? Can I do something to make the mouse work? Please help

Re: My wireless mouse has locked up

first find out, is your computer working properly with keyboard. If yes then there is problem with just mouse.

try to connect your wireless mouse with any other computer apart from yours or try attaching the USB part of the wireless mouse to a different USB port, or reinstall its driver and then try to connect.

if its working then its ok and if not replace the faulty mouse.

failure of wireless mouse can be cause of many reasons like driver failure, usb pory failure and much more.You can try Resynchronizing your device with the receiver. Remember when you synchronize the mouse or the keyboard with the receiver, put the device near the receiver and put other wireless keyboards and mouse at least 6 feet away.To resynchronize the mouse or the keyboard with the receiver, follow these steps:-

1. Press the button on the receiver, and then verify that the light on the receiver starts to blink.

2. If a dialog box appears on the screen in several seconds, follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Otherwise, go to the next step.

3. Press and release the Connect Channel button on the bottom of the mouse or the keyboard.

4. Check the green light on the receiver. A steady green light means the synchronization was successful. If the problem persists, try steps 1 through 4 again.

5. For the Wireless Notebook mouse: This issue can occur if the micro-switch on the bottom of the mouse is not released. Use a pin or a pen to try to release the button if it is depressed.

i hope it solves your problem if not yet contact with your dealer if you have warranty of the mouse.

You can try replacing batteries of your device bcz bwireless mouse rely on AA alkaline batteries for power. Remove the batteries, and then insert them again. If the problem persists, install a fresh set of batteries in the device that you are having problems with.

Do not put the mouse or the receiver near any electrical devices, especially transmitters such as cordless or cellular telephones or other wireless mouse devices or receivers. A distance of at least 8 to 12 inches is recommended. Do not put the mouse or the receiver on metallic surfaces or objects, especially long metallic rails or cables. We recommend that you keep the mouse and the keyboard a minimum of 3 feet from metallic objects.

Verify that the USB mouse is plugged in a USB port on the computer and that the purple keyboard PS/2 plug is connected to the purple PS/2 port on the computer.