Thread: How to remove the red shield on Windows Vista

How to remove the red shield on Windows Vista

my question is simple I want to remove the red shield which is in the systray with Vista Family Edition.
    I saw on the forum that the issue had already been asking each faith but the answer is the same:
    click on "change the way security center warns me" in Security Center
    the problem is that I was not having this option in display.
    more is that the service is off in the "administration tool"
    hope you can help me
    thank you
    You scratch my back I'll scratch yours.

Re: How to remove the red shield on Windows Vista

If you have the red shield, it is that you lack something that verifies your firewall is active, that is to update antivirus and windows defender is up to date and you will no longer have the red shield in a security alert.

Go to the Security Center and then select on the left panel with the option "Change the way Security Center warns me" and in a window you select the desired mode.

Go to control panel/security center/ then on the left look for 'change the way security center alerts me' and click.Take the check out of 'auto updates' and click okay.Your all set now!.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Step1
    Remove security alerts by stopping the pop-up windows. Use the "Start" button to access the "Control Panel." In the search box, type "User Name" and click the "Search" button. Select the link stating "Turn User Account Control (UAC) On or Off" once it appears in the results.

Step2
    Complete the action by removing the check mark from the box which signifies security alerts are functioning. Restart your computer. You should now see a shield with a red "X" in your taskbar.

Step3
    Make changes to the way you receive security alerts via the security alerts options. Use the "Start" button to access the "Control Panel." Select the "Security" icon and click on "Security Center." (You will have to type in the administrator login and password to make permanent changes.) Click "Change the Way Security Center Alerts Me."

Step4
    Choose the "Don't Notify Me and Don't Display the Icon (Not Recommended)" option to remove the security pop-ups and remove the red shield from the taskbar. Microsoft doesn't recommend this setting because it lessens the security on your computer and users typically forget to turn the alerts back on in the future.

Step5
    Select the "Don't Notify Me, But Display the Icon" option as an alternative. This will stop Vista's security alerts from coming up on the screen, but it will leave the red shield in your taskbar.

Step6
    Use the "Yes, Notify Me and Display the Icon (Recommended)" option when you're ready to restore the security alerts.

Source: ehow.com