Thread: Micro Xp v 0.82 - Installs in 5 Minutes

Micro Xp v 0.82 - Installs in 5 Minutes

Tired of waiting for hours to install windows? Now there is the way you dont need to wait for such a long time...

Microsoft launches the New Micro-Xp v 0.82 which installs your windows Xp in just 5 minutes 30 seconds and boots in 6 seconds.

It is the Smallest and Fastest XP ever made with Updates whose size is only 85 MB.In this Version, You can install and run just about all the programs and games that you can run on a normal installation of XP.Micro Xp v 0.82 has a WINDOWS folder with size only 199Mb and a CD size of just 81 Mb.Over all it takes just 205 MB of install size.Lets find out where it takes how much of size...

Documents and settings folder size …….. 3.19 Mb

Program Files folder size …………….. 2.79 Mb

WINDOWS folder size ………………….. 199 Mb

This is the barebones of a fully functional XP. It strongly reminds me of “what if Win95 had the features of XP”. Frankly, I haven’t come across a single problem with this version now that LAN networking has been included within the release.Following the release of MicroXP v0.82, this new version fixes an issue with Wireless LAN where it was not able to automatically find networks
    around you without knowing the SSID identification code of the network.

This problem only appeared with Service Pack 3. The fix was simple, just
    replace three DLL files in this SP3 version with the older SP2 versions
    of the files - problem is fixed and you can use wireless just the same
    as you could in previous (SP2) releases of MicroXP.

All previous fixes in all previous versions of MicroXP apply in this new version 0.82.What more with Micro Xp v 0.82;-

1. You can use 99% of the programs you always use and up to now there is not one single report of any game not working in MicroXP.
    2. This installation takes only 5 Minutes 30 seconds.
    3. This install includes default XP drivers for Ethernet/Sound/SCSI/RAID
    4. It has all languages kept, except Chinese/Japanese/Korean.
    5. It has all keyboard layout choices kept.
    6. It also has Service Pack 3 final slipstreamed into it.
    7. LAN Networking is now possible - Use #039;Map Network Drive#039; and just put the computer name of the computer you want to network with.
    8. Digital Cameras and Scanners can also now be used.
    9. The ISO file size is the same as in the previous release - 99.9Mb

What else,, its obvious, is its smaller in size there might be some disadvantages as well. So there some functions which are not available in this pack.They are....

1. There is only one single user

2. There is no native support for FTP sites.

3. No visiting Windows update.

4. No fast user switching

5. Theres no password storage.

6. No CD rom auto play.

7. No schedule task

8. No remote desktop

9. no themes.

These are the only restrictions that we can do but lots services are enabled on installation, that you can start using Windows straight away, Like ...

1. Cryptographic Services
    2. DCOM Server Process Launcher
    3. DHCP Client
    4. Event Log
    5. Logical Disk Manager
    6. Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service
    7. Network Connections
    8. Plug and Play
    9. Print Spooler
    10. Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
    11. Remote Access Connection Manager
    12. Remote Procedure Call
    13. Server
    14. TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
    15. Telephony
    16. Windows Audio
    17. Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
    18. Windows Installer
    19. Wireless Zero Configuration
    20. Workstation

So you can now enjoy the Micro Xp v 0.82 installation in 5.30 mints and reboot in just 6 seconds

Re: Micro Xp v 0.82 - Installs in 5 Minutes

Wow,, Its nice program. Thanks to Microsoft for this smallest and fastest Xp. But what about lan networking,Cameras and scanners, web browser, etc...?

Well, all this programs are available with Micro Xp v 0.82. I have mentioned the only restriction came with this Micro-XP.You can still install and run just about all the programs and games that you can run on a normal installation of XP. There is a text file in the eXPerience folder on the desktop that has a list of programs that work and includes some that don#039;t work (not many). Even Office 2007 installs on this version of Windows.

MicroXP has the ability to browse your local network. All you need to know is the computer name of the computer you want to connect to and thats about it, just right click My Computer and choose Map Network Drive. All computers can see each other even if every computer in the network is running this MicroXP.

Now in MicroXP it is possible to use a digital camera (USB only, no Firewire) or a scanner. Tested and working with a Fuji FinePix 6MP camera. The Photo Printing Wizard is not included, neither is the wizard to download photos from the internet, but the rest of the functionality for cameras and scanners is as complete as in full Windows. My favourite saying: whats missing, you#039;re not gonna miss! Print photos with Photoshop or maybe even Irfanview. Ctrl+P to print works in every single program that supports it, so its not like we ever needed the photo printing wizard, which only ever made all images I fed through it A4, even small images, so it actually did not even work, unless I skipped a button but there really are no buttons to skip in that wizard, its useless.

This installation already includes a basic web browser called Browzar that uses a few core files left from Internet Explorer. No, Internet Explorer is not included, but select files included in this installation that come from Internet Explorer are vital to running Windows. Its also Internet Explorer related files that allow you to open CHM files, which you can do in this edition of Windows. This Browzar web browser is only here so you can at least get online and download Firefox, Opera, Netscape or whatever browser you want.

Up to now, there has not been one single report of any game not working on MicroXP. Gaming is what this edition of Windows is all about, it gives better benchmarks than any other version of Windows I have ever tested.

If you install Opera or Firefox web browser(s) in this special MicroXP edition of Windows, you can go visit YouTube or Google Video without even having to install Flash Player. You can just watch the videos right away.

Thanks body for sharing the details. Its really Awesome news.!!!!!!

How do i configure the Wireless LAN for accessing the internet.? It does not detect Wireless networks itself still. Moreover there is no WLAN in My networkPLaces too. The Wireless Zero confiign service is running.

Please help me !!!

where r d links

How do i configure the Wireless LAN for accessing the internet.
    • Install the access point by connecting it to your wired LAN and powering it on. A CD should have come with the access point that contains the software that will allow the network name to be configured and to create the encryption key.
    • Refer to your user's manual for your device and determine how to turn on the wireless network card if it is not turned on. Once turned on it will attempt to locate a wireless network that is within range.
    • Click on "Start," in the lower left-hand corner of your desktop screen.
    • Choose "Control Panel" and "Network and Internet Connections." Then select "Wireless Network Setup Wizard" on the device that you want to connect wirelessly.
    • Complete the questions that the wizard asks, using the network name and key that was created previously. Upon completion, Windows will connect the system to the wireless LAN.

Hey.
    I have installed Micro Xp v 0.82 (service pack 3), but I cannot run my ICQ (or similiar programs there).
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

You can install and run just about all the programs and games in this version
    that you can run on a normal installation of XP.....

Try uninstall/reinstall and check whether it runs this time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    You can install and run just about all the programs and games in this version
    that you can run on a normal installation of XP.....

Try uninstall/reinstall and check whether it runs this time.....

Thank you Solomon. I have tried to reinstall it couple of times - same problem.
    I think I'm missing some DLL files, not sure which ones.

Hey!
    Your case is of a corrupt CD or corrupt ISO image from which you burnt th CD. Get a new copy and you will be able to install it without hassle. All the best!

Hey folks,
    my main OS in PCLinuxOS, but i still need windows for running powerpoint conferences. Until recently i was running a dual boot system on my laptop (PCLOS/XP) which worked well until an ill-advised incident with a windows recovery CD messed it all up. Now i am running PCLinuxOS 2009 solo and experimenting with MicroXP running within VirtualBox. It works. It boots quickly, wireless connection no problem, etc...but...i am having issues with screen resolution & dual monitor (for LCD projector)...

So, intead of going back and setting up a new dual boot, I would like to install MicroXP to a CIBOX 4GB ext HDD (USB2 - have a look... http://www.amazon.co.uk/CiBox-USB2-P.../dp/B000JXL3BI) and boot directly from that on the few ocassions that i actually need to run windows.

sounds great - but how can i achieve that? will MicroXP install to (& then boot from) a USB HDD?

advice (other than "searcg google") gratefully received

sad Re: Micro Xp v 0.82 - Installs in 5 Minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Arzaan View Post
    Well, all this programs are available with Micro Xp v 0.82. I have mentioned the only restriction came with this Micro-XP.You can still install and run just about all the programs and games that you can run on a normal installation of XP. There is a text file in the eXPerience folder on the desktop that has a list of programs that work and includes some that don#039;t work (not many). Even Office 2007 installs on this version of Windows.

MicroXP has the ability to browse your local network. All you need to know is the computer name of the computer you want to connect to and thats about it, just right click My Computer and choose Map Network Drive. All computers can see each other even if every computer in the network is running this MicroXP.

Now in MicroXP it is possible to use a digital camera (USB only, no Firewire) or a scanner. Tested and working with a Fuji FinePix 6MP camera. The Photo Printing Wizard is not included, neither is the wizard to download photos from the internet, but the rest of the functionality for cameras and scanners is as complete as in full Windows. My favourite saying: whats missing, you#039;re not gonna miss! Print photos with Photoshop or maybe even Irfanview. Ctrl+P to print works in every single program that supports it, so its not like we ever needed the photo printing wizard, which only ever made all images I fed through it A4, even small images, so it actually did not even work, unless I skipped a button but there really are no buttons to skip in that wizard, its useless.

This installation already includes a basic web browser called Browzar that uses a few core files left from Internet Explorer. No, Internet Explorer is not included, but select files included in this installation that come from Internet Explorer are vital to running Windows. Its also Internet Explorer related files that allow you to open CHM files, which you can do in this edition of Windows. This Browzar web browser is only here so you can at least get online and download Firefox, Opera, Netscape or whatever browser you want.

Up to now, there has not been one single report of any game not working on MicroXP. Gaming is what this edition of Windows is all about, it gives better benchmarks than any other version of Windows I have ever tested.

If you install Opera or Firefox web browser(s) in this special MicroXP edition of Windows, you can go visit YouTube or Google Video without even having to install Flash Player. You can just watch the videos right away.
    For me i kept getting a blue screen of death when i tryed to install Avira Antivir and they said it would work but not for me.

I have installed Micro XP on my p3 notebook with only 256Mb ram and is working great!
    I really need to install internet explorer because there are somme site's witch need only internet explorer to run.
    But, how to instal because i tried and is not working, it is a solution?

Hello

I want to install Micro Xp 0.82 on my ASUS EEE PC 900 netbook that already has Windows XP installed.

I want to install it from a USB Key.

I followed instructions on these 2 tutorials but both programs do not recognize the Micro XP files as a valid Windows XP folder.

http://www.eeepc.fr/2008/01/25/insta...ws-simplement/

http://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/s...c-une-clef-usb

Should I burn Micro Xp 0.82 to a DVD-R or CD-R rather? Should I burn the ISO image or the .BIN files (I converted the ISO to BIN with ISO Buster shareware)?

I don't have a CD/DVD player on my Netbook (just USB)...
    Last edited by Mavyalex; 24-01-2010 at 08:02 PM.