Thread: Cannot Find Group Policy Editor in Window Vista

Cannot Find Group Policy Editor in Window Vista

Hello , I am Not Able to Find the Gpe ( Group policy Editor ) in My windows Vista VIsta Pc . I Have Windows Vista Home Edition Is there no Group Policy Editor in Vista Home Premium?, Is this True or maybe I am On the Right Track to Find it ALthough I Tried the Standard Procedure of going to Start>Run> gpedit.msc I get the error message that Windows cannot find gpedit.msc? Please Help me Solve this Problem Thanks in advance

Dr. V Guest

Re: Cannot Find Group Policy Editor in Window Vista

Hello , The Group Policy editor is reserved for Vista Business and Vista Ultimate users. You can set individual registry keys if you don't mind googling for them, but it is Bit Difficult to do that .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. V View Post
    Hello , The Group Policy editor is reserved for Vista Business and Vista Ultimate users. You can set individual registry keys if you don't mind googling for them, but it is Bit Difficult to do that .
    Hello , I got Know now it Not Present the In the My Edtion of Windows Vista , But Cant Just Add it using something or Some idea, oh Cmon there must a be ways to do that, Well Anyways Thannks for your reply

Dr. V Guest

Quote Originally Posted by QUINEISHA View Post
    Hello , I got Know now it Not Present the In the My Edtion of Windows Vista , But Cant Just Add it using something or Some idea, oh Cmon there must a be ways to do that, Well Anyways Thannks for your reply
    I don't think that you can add the Group Policy Editor to the home versions.However, you can usually get by without the Group Policy Editor in the home versions of Vista. The vast majority of the settings in group policy can be made with direct registry edits, if you are comfortable with editing the registry.You can the download the Group Policy Settings Reference Whicg might be available on the internet it contains all of the group policy settings with a description of each setting and the corresponding location in the registry for each setting.