Thread: Strange Errors With Windows Vista

Strange Errors With Windows Vista

hi there

Yesterday I was trying to install Windows Vista operating system on my computer, and when i tried to format my HDD, its showing error as "Windows cannot format 0x800424". Although its formatting C drive normally.
    I don't know about this error and i am not getting that why this error occurs during installation

Re: Strange Errors With Windows Vista

well from what i can see the problem is coming rather from your memory modules and try to do just one thing before coming to the point that this is the problem. just have a memory lent from a friend and try to install windows using this memory and see if everything is ok then this is the spare part that you have to change.

try another disk... if it doesn't work then check the cabling and whether the drive is set to Slave or Master and that the cable is connected properly.

If so you might try and replace the cable.

If all that fails too and you're using a known good disk then it's either the drive or the ide connector on the mobo.

If you get this message after inserting a blank floppy disk or when trying to access a brand new hard drive for the first time, click Yes, and format the disk. After it’s formatted, Windows (or whichever operating system you run) will then be able to read and write to the disk. Should you get this message after inserting a disk that contains important data—don’t format it! Formatting the disk will wipe out any files that may still be accessible. There is a chance you’ve lost the data, but don’t assume the worst until you’ve verified the disk can’t be read by another system. The floppy drive itself may be malfunctioning. Try some other disks in the drive to see if they can be read. Then, try accessing the disk from another system, preferably the system that was last used to write to the disk.

I will suggest that the format of the disk you were putting in might be incompatible with the capabilities of the DVD drive - some can only read -R or +r disks.

However, now you say that it can't even read your Windows disk, then you really do seem to have a weird problem.

I assume you've tried multiple disks just in case your Windows disk got scratched after you installed.

It isn't a connector issue as otherwise Windows wouldn't even know there was a disk in there so you wouldn't get the error message.

And it's not a faulty drive as you've had it replaced.

I suppose it's time to try the Windows re-install...