Thread: Error message while logging off

sad Error message while logging off

Hey Everyone,

I'm running Windows Xp with Service Pack 2 on my system. Whenever i try to log off from my pc i get an error message showing a dialog box on my desktop. So, whenever i click on the End program now, then only it get shut down. Can any one tell me why i'm facing such kind of problem on my pc? Why doesn't my pc shut down immediately after i click on shut down? Does any one have any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Error message while logging off

Follow the below steps mention.

1. Click "Start" and click "Run".
    2. In the Open box, type "Regedit" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
    3. Navigate to the following registry key by expanding the "+" beside the registry tree in the left pane:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
    Note: right click on "Desktop", click "Export", and then save it to the C:\ drive as a backup. (In case we need to undo the modification, we can double click it to restore the registry key)
    4. Highlight Desktop in the left pane and double click the value "AutoEndTasks" in the right pane.
    5. Set the value from 0 to 1.
    6. Exit Registry Editor and restart the computer to test this issue.

You need to extend the registry to get to the Desktop and click on to see the entries in the right pane one of them or the second is the "AutoEnd Task", your key will look like this:[-]HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop= in the right pane look for the
    entry from the top labled/called "AutoEnd Tasks" after "ActiveWndTrkTimeout". Make the changes and Close the registry editor and reboot your machine.

Dr. V Guest

To resolve this issue, follow these steps.

1) If you are using Classic view in Control Panel, double-click Network Connections. If you are using Category view, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
    2) Right-click each connection that you have, and then click Properties each time.
    3) On the General tab of each Local Area connection, highlight Client Service for Netware, and then click Uninstall.
    4) In the Dial-up Connection Properties dialog box, click the Networking tab, highlight Client Service for Netware, and then click Uninstall.
    5) Restart the computer.
    6) Open Control Panel, and then double-click User Accounts.
    7) Under Pick a task..., click Change the way users log on or off.
    8) Click to select the logon and logoff options that you want: Use the Welcome Screen or Use Fast User Switching.