Thread: Cannot Open .pps File in Outlook Express?

Cannot Open .pps File in Outlook Express?

Hello , I got Some File on Outlook Express,There were Having Extension .pss When when I try to view a pps it got me some error it was like the following message : No program associated with this file to execute this action . and something like create ann association using the Folder Options in the configuration panel. I did not find folder option anywhere can you please help Me Solve this problem Thank you in advance

Re: Cannot Open .pps File in Outlook Express?

If Windows is unable to open files with the extension .PPS you may not have the appropriate program installed or, you may have registry errors. If you do not have PowerPoint, Then this file will not open you may need to install the Microsoft office to view this file

Hello ,This is a common problem with Outlook Express.

Download PPSFix.zip

Unzip the file and run the utility. Select the file types that you want to fix, and then click Fix. Note that you need to login as administrator in order to use this utility.

The power point viewer is a part of the powerpoint program incorporated in MS Office suites. I don't need the entire program, so I use the stand-alone pp viewer, which can be downloaded free from MS. The viewer is exactly that, and can't be used to formulate,edit, etc., powerpoint displays.t's a bug in OE6 apparently resulting from one or another recent MS
    critical update. PowerPoint Viewer 2007 lets you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions. This viewer also supports opening password-protected Microsoft PowerPoint presentations. You can view and print presentations, but you cannot edit them in the PowerPoint Viewer 2007. You can download the Pps Viewer from Here