Thread: Cannot Delete Registry Key In Vista ?

Cannot Delete Registry Key In Vista ?

Hello, I bought a laptop acer 6530G and With I Got a Mc Afee and Microsoft Word 2007 evaluation Version installed in it , As i dont want to use the Both I Have uninstall the Mc afee and it wad properly uninstalled but when i try to setup the Windows 2007 it did not got uninstall, and so after when i tried to install word 2003 , it also failed saying that my pc has superior version so I try to remove the registry key with registry Cleaner therefore impossible installed my 2003 version can you give me a solution thank you in advance

Re: Cannot Delete Registry Key In Vista ?

Hello, You moght Need to check the permissions of the registry key you are trying to delete. you need to take ownership of the key and then give yourself permissions. After that you can delete it no problem rightclick on the key --> permissions

Dr. V Guest

Hello, Have You Uninstall some the Files The Reason i m Asking this to you Because the If you have already deleted some of the files installed, the uninstall probably wont work now. you may need to again reinstall it and remove it hope it will work for you

Hello , edit or delete a protected key, make sure regedit is opened with administrator rights. Select permissions on the key and change ownership from trustedinstaller to an account/group with Administrative rights. Once this change is applied to the key, grant the Administrators - Full Control. The key can now be deleted or changed. Hope it Will Work for you

You can try this Disable User Account Control - Windows Vista
    Introduced with Windows Vista, User Account Control UAC also called, allows you to protect sensitive functions of your system by asking you to confirm your actions may affect it. If this part of a good principle, you must confirm your non-stop action, which ultimately may tend to annoy. If you know what you do on your computer, you can disable User Account Control.

1. Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.

2. Click on User Accounts and protect users.

3. Then click User Accounts.

4. Then click the Enable or disable the User Account Control.

5. Give your permission (the User Account Control is in action here) by clicking the Continue button.

6. Then uncheck the box Use User Account Control to help protect your computer.