Thread: Knowing the IRQ sharing

Knowing the IRQ sharing

Knowing that I have 16 physical IRQs on my PC (like all PCs), but WinXP adding virtual exceeds 16, for which the solution I know that to share the IRQ, or if there is a utility which would have the opportunity to reveal them to me.
    Recognizing that the System Information utility WinXP is very brief, I use AIDA32, and it tells me that my sound card is on IRQ22 and it is shared. Out of all the world is that the IRQ22 is a virtual IRQ, and I know what my IRQ physical sound card is allocated. Given that WinXP will not let me change the IRQ (at least I think) the only solution open to me would be to disable peripherals concern, but which ones? Also it is unnecessary to go into the BIOS, because I have a Toshiba Satellite P100 which does not give me access to the IRQ of the computer (BIOS summary).
    So if someone would have a solution that would help me very much, thank you.
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.

Re: Knowing the IRQ sharing

IRQ sharing is now handled by XP and is a very, very, very tedious activity to do manually with the OS. The easiest thing to do is to just move the soundcard to another slot and see what happens. This should change the IRQ.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

How old is this system?

Any modern OS using PCI cards will undoubtedly share some IRQs. Honestly, there's little that can be done about it. If you're using ISA cards, though, there are sometimes jumpers on the cards that can set the IRQ and ioport that it's using. Some 3com NICs even have utilities that change the IRQ and ioports.

try removing drivers that are sharing IRQ22 and rebooting hopefully windows will locate a unused interupt.

Make sure your card has updated drivers this may be causing some of your issues