Thread: Laptop Dispay Strange Screens

Laptop Dispay Strange Screens

hello

I am facing through a strange problem from my dell laptop. the display of my latop is wiered.The problem is the video when booted the laptop, I get junk on the screen, vertical box or lines. Its not a Windows driver problem, as the initial boot screen had the same effect.

Please help me regarding this problem

Re: Laptop Dispay Strange Screens

It's the video chip and it's not replaceable. You would have to replace the whole motherboard.

If it's only 2 years old I would first find out if it's under warranty. Go here and enter the service tag number and it'll tell you if there's any warranty remaining: http://support.dell.com/support/topi...=us&l=en&s=gen

Even if there isn't, I have heard that most laptop mobos in that age range cost around $100 for a replacement direct from Dell so it might be worth calling and asking the price. Replacing the mobo in a laptop is not for the faint of heart, but Dell does have detailed service manuals available online showing you how to do it.

So is it the video card?

Or something that attaches to the actual laptop screen display, since it works on an external monitor its not likely the video card.

I will bet your problem lies with the lid switch. It would seem that HP tried to save a few bucks and bought the cheapest lid switches possible. They fail early. Try locating the lidswitch near one of the hinges on the laptop and jiggeling it with your finger while the laptop is booting up. If your screen comes on or flickers the the lidswitch is most likely the problem. Good luck finding a replacement switch.

I believe a UXGA screen has a native resolution of 1600x1200 ,LCD screens should be run in their native resolution.You can damage them if you don't.
    I have an LCD Iyyama that has screen position adjustments.Take a close look at all the property pages(especially Advanced settings) for Display,Vidcard,and the ATI software program if you loaded it.