Thread: problem with network adaptor

solvent Guest

problem with network adaptor

Hello,
    I am a regular user of xp professional. Today i was not able to access main branch from my office. It happened only from my machine. Everyone able to access and work as usual.
    then i rebooted my machine thats it. Everything normal i am able to access main office network and work normally.
    Why is it happened?
    Please help me with this.

Thanks,

Re: problem with network adaptor

There are a number of reasons such errors can occur :

There is a virus in your computer
    The Network Service was stopped on your machine
    The TCP/IP protocol failed to respond and many more...

To get a proper answer, be very specific in your question...
    All the best!

Although you can fix most problems yourself, if you can't fix a problem, it's helpful to know which layer is causing it so that you can contact the right organization for support.

To identify which layer is causing the problem

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Click Network and Internet Connections.

3. Under or pick a Control Panel icon, click Network Connections.

4. In the Network Connections window, examine the status of your network adapter.

• Connected. Your computer is properly connected to your modem, router, or wireless network, but there is a problem between your router and the Internet.
    • Disabled. Someone has manually disabled the network adapter. To fix the problem, right-click the adapter, and then click Enable.
    • Unplugged. Your computer cannot detect the connection to your modem or router.
    • Not connected. Your computer cannot connect to your wireless network.
    • Limited or no connectivity. Your computer is properly connected to your modem, router, or wireless network, but your router is misconfigured or there is a problem between your modem and the Internet.

5. If your network adapter does not appear in the Network Connections window, it has not been properly installed. Uninstall the driver and network adapter

In the Network Connections window, right-click your network adapter, and then click Repair. For detailed instructions, read Repairing network connections.

Unplug your modem. If you are unsure which device might be your modem, it is the device that is connected directly to your phone line (if you have DSL) or cable connection (if you have a cable modem). Wait one minute, and then plug your modem back in again.

If you have a router connected to your modem, unplug it. If you are unsure which device might be your router, look for the device that has at least two network cables: one that connects to your modem; and another that connects to your computer. You may also have a wireless router, which would be connected to your modem and would have one or more antennas. Wait one minute, and then plug your router back in again.

Restart your computer.

If your network adapter still shows "Limited or no connectivity" and you have customized your router's configuration, verify that the router has DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) enabled. Enable DHCP, and then restart your computer. DHCP automatically assigns an Internet Protocol (IP) address to your computer, which uniquely identifies your computer on your network. For instructions on how to enable DHCP for your router, refer to your router's documentation.

If you are using a router, unplug the network cable that connects your modem to your router, and connect your computer directly to your modem. Then restart your computer. If your computer connects properly after restarting, the problem is with your router. Contact your router manufacturer for support.

If your network adapter still indicates "Limited or no connectivity" when your computer is connected directly to your modem, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) for support. To speed up the troubleshooting process, describe the steps you have already taken, including restarting your modem, router, and computer, and connecting your computer directly to your modem. The "Limited or no connectivity" error message indicates that your computer is properly connected to your home network; however, the ISP's DHCP server is not assigning it an IP address. This problem could be caused by a failed DHCP server on the ISP's network, a failed modem, or a problem with your Internet connection. Alternatively, the ISP may require you to use a "static" IP address, which only its support staff can help you configure.

Your desktop must be running XP Pro for it to work properly, and you have to make sure you setup the remote users on the desktop that are allowed access to the pc.

There may be multiple reasons for this. But next time if you face same problem , then follow these instructions:

Start>>right click 'My computer'>> Properties>> Remote
    In the remote tab there will two things (if you run xp pro) Remote Assistance in blue and remote desktop in blue. Underneath the remote desktop, put a check mark in 'Allow users to connect remotely to this computer'

Click select 'Remote users' >> Add >>Advanced >> Find now -
    Add the users that you want to have access remotely (Administrator or your user account)

Click Ok, Ok, apply, Ok.

Now try it again. Also make sure you can ping the computers by name. You can also try using the IP of the desktop instead of the name in the RD Client.