Thread: Alternate choice for Windows Explorer in Vista

ThumbsUp Alternate choice for Windows Explorer in Vista

Hello Everybody,

I have installed Windows Vista on my system. I would be like to know that which is the best replacement for Windows Explorer. Whenever i try to copy any particular file of having more than 400 Mb, it generally takes around 30 to 40 minutes to copy. So i'm looking for an alternate option which can replace Windows Explorer in Vista. Does any one have any idea about it? Kindly suggest me your views on it.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Alternate choice for Windows Explorer in Vista

AB Commander for Windows Vista/XP/2000/x64

Unlike Windows Explorer, AB Commander is a dual-panel file manager that you can use to work with two different folders at the same time, side by side, and perform operations with files and folders quickly and efficiently. AB Commander fully supports long file names, shell extensions, context menus, drag-and-drop operations, and more.

AB Commander may be used as a replacement for all flavors of Windows Explorer, including Windows Vista Explorer, Windows XP Explorer, Windows 2000 Explorer.

Shell MegaPack.Net recreates the entire Windows Explorer shell browsing UI functionality in your app in just a couple of seconds. It supports contextmenus,dragdrop,icons,virtual items,renaming,infotips and Thumbnail/Details/Group Views similar to Explorer but it is miles ahead with features like filtering, checkboxes and customization of context menus, displaynames and columns.

AC Browser Plus is a multi-windows File Manager that works as a Windows Explorer replacement. The program is abled to open as many as folders in a single application. It is contrast with the standard Windows explorer which offers to open maximum of two windows simultaneously. Most of the windows functions related to Windows Explorer can accessible from AC Browser. As usual, the top panel of AC Browser displays all the hard disk of PC.

Talisman Desktop is a desktop manager and shell-replacement for Windows 9x/ME and NT/2000/XP/Vista. The program lets users design their own desktops and interfaces or choose from hundreds of downloadable themes, which work either atop or as complete replacements for the default Windows shell. Unlike Windows XP themes, Talisman Desktop lets you completely customize the Windows interface.