Thread: SNES emulator for Ubuntu?

SNES emulator for Ubuntu?

Hey guys!
    I have been playing a lot of video games when i was a kid...! Now i've seen many guys plays those games on Windows platform with SNES emulator. If that is possible in Windows, then why not in Linux? I'm sure there is an emulator for Linux too... But my question is, where is it? Its obviously going to be a free download as its for linux... Can anybody help me and the others who need this?
    Thanks for Any help...!

Re: SNES emulator for Ubuntu?

Hey!
    I wanna know what is snes exactly? How is it related to video games? Is it a software that runs video game that we played on the TV? If it is then i'm in need too...Help guys! I've seen people playing Super Mario and Contra on their Computers, u would love to play such classic games again... Help Guys!

Hey,
    Yeah, you got it right... its an emulator or you can call it a software that ports the video games to our computer. Super Nitendo was the first ever game console manufacturer of the 16-bit games. Read for more info :

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System or Super NES (also called SNES and Super Nintendo) is a 16-bit video game console that was released by Nintendo in North America, Europe, Australasia (Oceania), and South America between 1990 and 1993. In Japan and Southeast Asia, the system is called the Super Family Computer, Super Famicom, or SFC for short. In South Korea, it is known as the Super Comboy and was distributed by Hyundai Electronics. Although each version is essentially the same, several forms of regional lockout prevent the different versions from being compatible with one another.

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System was Nintendo's second home console, following the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). The console introduced advanced graphics and sound capabilities compared with other consoles at the time. Additionally, development of a variety of enhancement chips (which shipped as part of certain game cartridges) helped to keep it competitive in the marketplace.

Hey!
    Heres what you want. The Linux version of SNES9x :

Download Here

This is just a software emulator just like the console box. As the console is of no use without the catridges, this software is of no use without its ROM. ROM files are the game files that act as cartridge for the SNES Emulator