Thread: Mouse cursor do not change to selected theme on Helena

Mouse cursor do not change to selected theme on Helena

I was having Helena operating system installed on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop and most things are running quite well. I am having some issue with changing the mouse cursors. I'm getting a combination of cursors from several themes. For example the window resize cursors are from one theme while the normal pointer is from another. Hence I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem easily and set my mouse cursor to the selected theme.

Re: Mouse cursor do not change to selected theme on Helena

If your mouse cursor is not changing to the particular theme then in that case there might be some virus problem. I f there is virus in your system and you are trying to change the mouse pointer then you will be prevented from doing it and the mouse pointer cursor will not change. You can then install antivirus software and scan the whole system. While scanning the system if any virus is found then you may delete it and then try changing the mouse cursor.

You can easily troubleshoot the mouse cursor problem. The steps to solve the mouse cursor problems are given below:
    1. You may need to enter into the boot option. To enter into boot option you may need to type the command given below:
      Code:
      psmouse.proto=bare
    2. If you are having Linux Mint 10 operating system and getting this problem, then you may need to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst file. It will have along with many lines one or more line(s) containing something like follows:
      Code:
      kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18.2-34-default root=/dev/hda11
    3. You may need to add the command given below.
      Code:
      kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18.2-34-default root=/dev/hda11 psmouse.proto=bare
    4. Just save the file and reboot Linux Mint 10. The mouse pointer problem will be solved.

If you are changing the mouse problem and you are facing problem while changing the mouse pointer then in that case you can troubleshoot this problem by following the steps given below:
    • You need to start the system and login in as Administrator.
    • After the system has been restarted then you may right-click on a blank spot on your desktop.
    • You may then need to scroll down and select “Change Desktop Background”.
    • You may then need to click on the theme tab and select customize button.
    • Select “Pointer” tab and set the cursor which you may want and then close it by clicking on “Close” tab. The mouse pointer will be changed to the selected cursor.

ThumbsUp Re: Mouse cursor do not change to selected theme on Helena

thank you teena_pansare! I was having a brain cramp today. Your post was most helpful. --pdboone