Thread: Right Clicking a File Gives Error Message

Right Clicking a File Gives Error Message

Hello To All all,Here is my problem When I right click on a file to Do something Like opening it or for Deleting ot Copying the windows hang and give me error message that "Windows Explorer has stopped working" and then it restarts windows explorer This Happen With The Both . Exe and the Shortcut from the desktop (to access a context menu) give me the Same error message that "windows explorer has stop working" and "Windows Explorer restarts. Please Help Me Solve This Problem Thanks you in advance

Re: Right Clicking a File Gives Error Message

Hello , Can You Post Your Hijack Log Here and Can you Be more Specific about the Problem that your facing with Windows explorer .It Will be more Helpful to us In Solving your problem Thanks

Hello ,A fix would only be made available if it were broken for many people. For most explorer is not broken, however I have seen it broken by the addition of spy/ad programs, incompatible shell enhancing programs, and other software. You will need to selectively disable running programs to decipher which one is interfering with the shell on your system.

Hellom Unfortunately, you would have to go into Control Panel to add/remove programs to do that. Here's my workaround: Go into Welcome Center, pull down the list of Control Panel options from the whatever it's called now for navigation up top, then select Programs and Features. However, not all work with this method of navigation. Network and Sharing Center crashes as well.

Hello, Do you have your vista Install disk? If so you can just run a system, repair to the windows files only (Not system restore)

Push Windows Key + R then type in command, then in the command box type this (Yes that is a space and it is needed) >>>

sfc /scannow

After it is done you will have to reinstall your windows updates again but that is all

Dr. V Guest

If you run Task Manager (ctrl-alt-del etc) you can use the run the "New Task" option as a browser. In the browse window select all files (*.*) and go to C:\Windows\System32 subdirectory and sort by date modified. Look at all the most recent files, especially those that carry the date when things started to go wrong and later. Right click these files individually and study the date created and date accessed, if you can find a file the was created on the day things went wrong and has been accessed within the last hour or so, then this could be the problem file. Mine was "gwquvw.dll" so look for something that is not obviously a system file and move it into the recycle bin, if nothing changes look for other similar files and do the same. If this still doesn't work restore the files from the recycle bin in case they are needed. Other than that I have no other info I can give you at this time.

hello Check A similar Thread here http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/698031.htm