Thread: restart after repair

restart after repair

i have repaired my windows xp and now is my pc restarting again and again. i can`t even start safe mode. pls help

PS.: restartin before win boot screen

Re: restart after repair

Try to check this link

Restart of the PC
    Keep getting a restart

nope thats no for me.

i have repaired my xp because some good peoples send me a trojan .... so i have instaled 2nd identical win in D: and removed all trojans with nod. then i tried repair win on c: via windows instaler and now after repair i have this problem. Its windows xp SP1

You will have to do this quickly when you get into safe mode, or windows. Right click on "My Computer"
    Select Properties.
    Select Advanced Tab
    Uncheck "Automatically restart"
    That will allow you to stay in windows long enough to play around and possibly fix the problem you are having.

I came across this before. If you have just tried running Windows update and this suddenly occurs after doing sp1 the system restore component is not installed. Some spyware and adware will do this to you. You will need to do a restore with your windows XP cd then you have to reinstall the system restore component. you need to set, in your folder options, to view hidden files. then in the \windows\inf folder right click on sr.inf and select install. After this you can restart the computer and try to do the updates again.

AND

You should repair your windows XP! while repair install is going on it will have a command prompt!! You type in chkdsk /p then press enter!! when it finishes type in exit then it should reboot!!

Since you have already installed Windows XP on another partition, you could have simply copied your important data from C drive to another to keep it safe and then reinstalled Windows XP on C. That will ensure safest and clean system, as it is already affected by trojans.

If you dont intend to reformat and try some things to cure before that, than do 1 thing, login to SAFE mode and you probably wont get automatic restart in that mode. From there turn off automatic restart feature of XP and then log in again to normal mode. This time your PC will hang with a Blue Screen with some error code and its description. Note that and post it here and we can analyse that to find some way to cure...... if possible.

If the repair install doesn't work, then you can try removing the hard drive, then add it as a slave on a working computer.. See if the drive will be recognized on the second computer and you can extract the files needed.

If it doesn't get recognized on the second computer, then you may have a hard drive issue and as such will need to decide how important those files are... Sending it to a data recovery company might cost some money...