Thread: Windows xp switch user disabled

Windows xp switch user disabled

hi,
    i use Windows XP Home Edition and have a problem with the Switch User facility.when i attempt to log off or switch user. The logon screen takes about 2-3 minute to load and after that it takes 1-2 minute more to open a profile and log in, it will not allow any other commands. is this a common problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

Re: Windows xp switch user disabled

Once you log off, isn't switching to another user an impossibility?I think you need to sign in as a user before you can switch to another user. Try using the 'switch user' function BEFORE you log off the first user.

The Fast User Switching feature may not work if there is insufficient computer resources to create a new Winlogon service thread. When there is insufficient resources, the system may stop responding (hang), the system may lock up computer, or the user may receive a Userinit.exe application error and the following error message: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000012d),in these cases, some users must log off the computer, or you must close some programs to free up computer resources.

You must have a computer administrator account on a computer that is a member of a workgroup or is a stand-alone computer to turn on or turn off the User Fast User Switching feature. Fast User Switching is not available on computers that are members of a network domain.

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.

Click Change the way users log on or off.

hi,
    Under Administrative Tools in Control Panel open the Services Window and scroll down to Fast User Switching. Double click on Fast User Switching and change the Start up Type to disabled.Hit the Stop button if service is started and then hit OK.

Dr. V Guest

Hi Guys,
    I had a similar issue and got a solution for the same myself.
    Go to LAN properties and remove any Novel Netware protocol installed, This also disables fast switch. Now reboot and enable fast switch from user accounts option in control panel.
    all the best!