Thread: Re-installing XP

Re-installing XP

Hey peeps, i hope you knowledgeable folk could help me out with a little issue.
    I wanted to reinstall xp & have never installed an os before, so i thought before i format my drive i would set up a seperate partition (using partition magic) and try installing ther to see if all goes well, yet still be able to go back to my original os if it doesn't.
    Well it went amazingly well.
    I was done all done in under an hour, including all updates and installing kaspersky & firefox.

So i guess my question is, will it be exactly the same when i format the whole drive, as it was installing to a seperate partition?
    or was it getting drivers and whatnot from the already installed version of xp?
    (they are identical installs btw)

Thanx in advance

~Q~

Re: Re-installing XP

if you looking for already installed version of xp on new install just install with gradation.. format drive would be different ...and erased all data on disk

Install Windows XP from DOS
    DOSBox Guide For Newbies
    How to fix "Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt"

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    if you looking for already installed version of xp on new install just install with gradation.. format drive would be different ...and erased all data on disk

Install Windows XP from DOS
    DOSBox Guide For Newbies
    How to fix "Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt"
    Im sorry i dont understand what you mean?

My main goal is to format the the entire C drive (wipe everything) and then do a full clean install of XP pro.
    As this was my first attempt of installing an OS, i created and installed it on a seperate partition. as i said above that went extremely well (as in i didnt need any other discs except the xp install disc.

So i am wondering if it will be the same when i format the whole drive, or am i likely to need drivers on a seperate disc?
    is it possible it located the drivers on a seperate partition and used them?

My main goal is to format the the entire C drive (wipe everything) and then do a full clean install of XP pro.
    As this was my first attempt of installing an OS, i created and installed it on a seperate partition. as i said above that went extremely well (as in i didnt need any other discs except the xp install disc.
    Clean Install Windows XP

Yes you will have to reinstall the drivers and softwares. Unless it is stand alone software that can be run from any where. But things like Firefox, Office among games must be installed on each OS.