Thread: Vista does not start in any mode

Vista does not start in any mode

my wifes laptop is haveing a few problems witht he os and i cant fix it with my little bit of knolage of vista. basicaly it gets past the bios then it comes up sayinf start windows normaly or use startup repair, startup repair is about as usefull as a chocolate kettle and obviously starting normaly dont work ive taped f8 and tryed safe mode and all the other things that come up with that and nothing is working, so i cant even get to sighning in in normal, safe mode or ny thing else system restore dont eeven work. unfortunatly we dont have a vista disc so i cant reboot it.

can some one please help me with this???????

if it helps the problem details are as follows

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2
    Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover
    Problem Signature02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6000.16386
    Problem Signature03: 6
    Problem Signature04: 917517
    Problem Signature05: NoRootCause
    Problem Signature06: NoRootCause
    Problem Signature07: 0
    Problem Signature08: 2
    Problem Signature09: WrpReapir
    Problem Signature10: 267
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 10033
    Last edited by Yogesh; 28-02-2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Title edited suitably. Always give proper title that best describes your thread.

Re: for the love of god help

ive now tryed changeing the boot sequance, starting it up in everything possable eg safe mode, debug mode etc....... ive tryed a system restore that didnt work, ive done everything possable i can think of and its not working so can some one please respond and help me?

Run Windows Safe Mode

1) Detach all unnecessary peripheral devices from your computer, such as printers, scanners and removable storage devices.

2) Restart the computer.

3) Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.

4) Choose Safe Mode, and press Enter.

5) Could you login the system in the safe mode? If so, please backup the data to the external drive.

Note: In Safe Mode, your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary.

2. Use the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to run System Restore

1) Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2) Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3) Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.

4) Click Repair your computer.

5) In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next

6) At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on System Restore.

7) Follow the System Restore Wizard instruction as usual and choose the appropriate restore point.

8) Click Finish to restore the system.

3. Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)

1) Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2) Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3) Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.

4) Click Repair your computer.

5) In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next.

6) At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.

7) (Click the operating system that you want to repair), and then click Next.

8) In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

just check here similar problem
    Vista repair problem

If you cannot get it to start in any mode and nothing can be done to get it resolved except the clean format. Well, you can get Vista CD and try this. There is the way to reload the Vista, with out delete any of the data from the HDD. Once you installed in that way, you will recover the data. But you have to reload the applications.
    1. Boot from the OS cd
    2. While booting from it, there will appear screen which says upgrade or custom. Select the custom and next screen shows up partition. Select the OS partition and reload it.
    3. Once Vista is installed go to "C" drive and there will be folder with says windows.old. where you can see all user's data.

Re: Vista does not start in any mode

i dont have the vista bood disc so i cant do that, it wont let me boot in safe mode i litraly cant even get to the log in screne no mater how i do it, system restore dont work coz i didnt know about the problem till reacently and from what i know you cant restore if the point is over 60 days old and all of them are, al all in all no offence but every sugestion there dosnt work because ive tryed it all ready, if i had the boot disc ide of used that but i dont have one coz the laptop is 2nd hand and wasnt sold with one.

thanks for everyones help tho. would be nice if it worked but it dont. iwas in a rush to post yesterday so might not of made some htings clear live the lack of cd and that ive done every thing possable. sorry if i seen tence in typeing this but ive been at trying to fix for overr a day now and i have a backlog of computers i need to fix and repair.

thanks again