Thread: SBS 2003 - I don't want to use Exchange

SBS 2003 - I don't want to use Exchange

Hi All

I have recently started working on a server that someone else has set up - and they opted to use SBS 2003, when all they needed was Server 2003 standard edition, because they do not use any of the SBS features. I would love to just format the server and re-install, but that is just not a viable option at this stage.

So, what I would like to do is stop or even better remove Exchange, as Exchange is certainly not beig used, and is eating resources for nothing.

Does anyone have tips on the best way to do this? I have seen some say that removing Exchange is the last thing you should do, and you should just stop the services. I would like to do this right and not cause any more trouble, and I am also not positive of what all the services are that need stopping.

The server is making use of the Active Directory and Remote Admin (Admin mode... in other words only 2 users at a time)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: SBS 2003 - I don't want to use Exchange

As i am suggest u don't want to format your operating system,Just uninstall exchange server.The process of uninstalling Ms Exchange just follow the following steps : Please Log in from admin on to the Windows Small Business Server 2003-based computer after that in Windows Explorer locate the MSCFV2 folder. The MSCFV2 folder is located in the following folder : Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin then Right-click the MSCFV2 folder, click Rename, and then rename the folder to MSCFV2.OLD and Right-click the ContentFilter.dll file, click Rename, and then rename the file to ContentFilter.OLD. After that Click Start, Run, type regedit in the Open box and then click OK. In Registry Editor, click the following subkey : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchangeand then On the File menu, click Export and then In the Export Registry File dialog box, type a name, and then click Save to subkey then Right-click both the ContentFilterVersion registry entry and the ContentFilterVersion registry entry under the following subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange Then, click Delete to delete each entry then Right-click the following subkey, and then click Delete:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\ContentFilter and then restart the Windows Small Business Server 2003-based computer. It will resolved your issue.