Thread: XP stalls at startup

ohmy XP stalls at startup

Hello Everybody

I have installed Windows Xp on my system. Whenever i try to turn on my pc, my operating system gets going but it stalls in between before finishing. It states an error that Windows cannot find C:Windows\system32\Adobe\Shockwave\symcheckupstub.exe I don't know what happen suddenly and why i'm getting such error? Can any one please help me out to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Re: XP stalls at startup

You could try and roll back the drivers via the control panel, and check for yellow conflicts while your in the device manager. Hopefully you can boot to windows.Lets hope it isn't your hard drive or power supply failingalways make sure your box is free of lint and dust.

Try to log in safe mode and uninstall any new programs, drivers or games you added recently. If both of them fail to reset your computer, better uninstall the sp2 or restore to an earlier time and reinstall the sp2.

If you can't gain access to your desktop correctly, then restart your computer and enter Safety Mode, and check your devices in your Device Manager. Make sure your devices are working correctly, and isolate (disable/erase) faulty hardware drivers.

If they are ok, then open Run and type MSCONFIG. Check to see if there are any startup programs/ devices that may be causing this problem and isolate it.

Then Restart and check it.