| || |
Join Date: Apr 2008
Windows 7: 36 Changes In Beta For RC1
On the official blog of Windows 7 has just been published an interesting list. It contains details of 36 Changes That were made to the system since the release of public beta. This list is not exhaustive, but Steven Sinofsky has probably chosen the most representative, and there are changes in every corner.
- Using ALT + TAB now includes Aero Peek: each selected window will be highlighted while others become transparent
- Using a combination of Windows + # (# represents a key on the numbered keypad) will launch over a new instance of the associated application (a number corresponding to the position of an application in the taskbar). This shortcut will now highlight the windows of the application if it is already active, and to review the windows by repeating the combination. To start a new instance of the application, it will add the SHIFT key in combination.
- Three changes to better tell the window that requires user's attention: a more vivid orange, flashing more visible, and a number of "flash" from 3 to 7
- When moving a file in the taskbar, he automatically join the Jump List of the associated application if already present, or automatically hangs the application if it was not the case. By pressing SHIFT and dragging a document to another application that normally defined, it will trigger the "Open With".
- Changes have taken on the appearance of the taskbar so that we can put 25 to 40% of additional icons, depending on screen resolution
- When several windows are open the same software, you can view their thumbnails, but when the mouse passes over them, you can not know what application they belong. The color of the icon, shown by passing the mouse over it, now will be maintained during the consultation thumbnails
- No application installation has the right to hang an icon in the taskbar, the operation will always be manual. However, to simplify development of applications installed, the Start menu at the bottom will display the latest software installed but not used (limited to one now)
- The size of a Jump List is now limited to ten documents and not to undermine its readability, but a setting has been added to influence this parameter
- You may place a document in the Jump List of software that is not listed as default application. In addition, the document will be considered permanently attached to this application
- The setting that allows you to hide the icons now does more gadgets that remain displayed
- Two tactile manipulations have been added for easier use and Aero Peek Show Desktop
- The virtual keyboard now supports multiple key combinations
- Right click in multitouch will be putting his finger on an item and using another finger (usually the thumb) to a small slap on the screen surface
- Drag and drop and selection of text have been simplified in multitouch
- For network management, a simple icon has been added to indicate that a local network exists but without an Internet connection
- Changes to UAC will be present
- The automatic locking of session after a certain period of time called a screen saver. This is now possible without any saver is selected.
- A change was made to switch faster between profiles "Balance" and "Power Saver" on a laptop
- The changes to the appearance of Windows are united under the name "theme unsaved" to signify that the user has not given its name changes, and are therefore not saved
- Playback of Internet radio will be more reliable
- The content of AVCHD camcorders are now recognized, as well as videos to MOV format
- Window lighter Windows Media Player starts by default was further cleaned to make it lighter and more compact
- Some formats are not recognized by Windows 7, as M4A Apple Lossless and H.263 will be more references in the library of Windows Media Player to not create confusion
- The music was being played before the pause playback will automatically resume after the awakening of the machine
- When a digital or USB key is inserted, Windows Media Player appears to ask what to do. This behavior was considered annoying by many users and was deleted
- Some controls Windows Media Player, as the equalizer and other effects are now better developed
- The Jump List for Windows Media Player will be more consistent with the files used
- The management of devices through Device Stage has been improved to handle an increased number of equipment
- The detection of connection of headphones will be no problem now (it was sometimes not detected)
- Drivers for sound cards that are reviewed in recent move correctly, which was not always the case with the beta
- When one finds oneself in a Library, the top banner in the window now displays more information to indicate what is referenced
- The ability to create a Library using drag and drop has been removed because it created too many uncertainties, especially for those who wanted to simply copy content
- Combining Windows + E Opens Explorer on the computer and not on the Libraries
- FAT 32 is now supported to reference files in the Libraries (only the content posted on NTFS partitions can be)
- Various additions have been placed in the menu file arrangements at the request of many users
- The performance has been improved through tools that monitor telemetry about 500 scenarios of use, but it will wait for more detail
For the latest news, Microsoft is currently working on build 7047. We must now wait for the Release Candidate to check progress, because if the public beta contains all the features, they were not finalized, however.