Thread: Remove password at startup

Remove password at startup

Hello,

I wanted to create a user account on my pc for testing. Now I no longer delete it. I tried to trace the file and delete it username.pwl, but does not work. The window on the account with the password required to always occur. I also deleted the profiles key in the registry where you found the account in question but nothing to be done. It seems that once created these profiles are not able to eliminate. The operating system is Windows ME and Thanks Hello.

Re: Remove password at startup

To delete a user created with the appropriate procedure start and log in to your PC by clicking "Cancel" when the request for User / Password.

1) in the "Control Panel" and then "Users" please delete what you do not need more and the OK.

if you do not want to ask more a username on startup:

2) in "Network" and set "Primary Access" as "Access to Windows (the CD could serve as windows).

Do not remember if the point 2) must be executed after a reboot and its "Cancel" to access or can be done simultaneously in step 1).

If you delete the files. PWD probably the first reboot you will propose a standard user and confirm if left blank the password you will be more prompted to enter a user at startup.

nothing to do, I tried to do the things I have suggested but have not yet resolved. Insignificant that window already written with the user name, start-up, appears to me requesting the password.

I insists to remove the "Client for Microsoft Networks" in the box installed network components and then recreate it (if still needed) after a reboot and its "Cancel." Then the important thing is that to set "Primary Access" as "Access to Windows"

I have the same problem with Windows xp, i have to enter my password at startup. can you change this? is there a setting where i can disable having to put in my password and just have it go straight into my computer?

Re: Disabling startup login prompt for password

Quote Originally Posted by Samra View Post
    I have the same problem with Windows xp, i have to enter my password at startup. can you change this? is there a setting where i can disable having to put in my password and just have it go straight into my computer?
    Disabling startup login prompt for password :

1. Click Start and Run
    2. Type “Control Userpasswords2″ and press enter.
    3. Uncheck the box for “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.”
    4. Click Apply and Ok