Thread: Who is using Quicksilver software ?

Who is using Quicksilver software ?

It's a few times that I hear of quicksilver in rather glowing terms, I screwed up on my motherboard but for now I find it hard to see interest in spotlight.

So I created this topic so that users of quicksilver give us their feedback and specify the use they make history to discover the noobs like me the potential of this jewel.

Re: Who is using Quicksilver software ?

Quicksilver is a launcher application I did not know was that spotlight as well, I will look at spotlight.

Otherwise there is a competitor, I saw this on mac skills.

direct access to the functions of software, urls, write mails rapid access to files faster than spotlight for those I use most, and so on.

Quicksilver is a computer utility software program for Mac OS X, made by Blacktree Software and distributed freely. It allows users to use the keyboard to rapidly perform tasks such as launching applications, manipulating files and data, running scripts, or sending e-mail. It is similar to the Mac OS X applications LaunchBar and Butler, but uses a different interaction paradigm. Although it is a complex application, it is centered on a very simple three-panel interface, called the "command window": the user performs complex tasks using simple, configurable key-combinations.

Quicksilver allows users to define "triggers," which perform a specific command whenever a predefined keyboard shortcut is pressed. For instance, the <"Documents", "Reveal"> command could be bound to the F7 key. Then pressing the F7 key would open the Documents folder in the Finder and bring it to the front.